Author Topic: 1/4 Scale SE5a  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: 1/4 Scale SE5a
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 01:33:02 AM »
Sorry to hear about the bad landing, beautiful aircraft.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 03:56:52 AM »
I had just watched its first flight and was thinking how wonderful ….. and then I saw the second photo. My sympathies to you - what a disaster!

Stephen.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 04:32:33 AM »
Guy,
    What a sad ending for a beautiful model. I am sure there will be more; my compliments on how well you seem to have absorbed this tragedy.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »
Commiserations Guy on the loss of such a nice flying model. As a lifelong aeromodeller (till 2006 that is) I've been there on enough occasions to share that gutted feeling. It's a true saying though - "Save all the pieces" - I'm sure you know that once that initial feeling wears off in all probability you'll be able to resurrect it.

'Hazard of the hobby'? Another axiom is 'Don't make 'em if you can't break 'em' - one which I'm sure you share  :)

It's always a bummer though  :(

Regards - Tug

WarrenD

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »
Guy, I'm so sorry. Did it crash on our side of the lines?  Did the pilot make it ok?

Seriously, this is sad. I hope she gave your hours of pleasure before her loss in combat.

Warren

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
Oh Guy! Commiserations this was a real beauty in flight. Maybe see you later today at Telford.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Jim

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 06:40:02 PM »
Oh, bugger... :'(
Woof!

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
Thanks for the commiserations..

Very kind, but I am fairly philosophical about these things. The fun is in the project & build to a large extent.

I'm fairly ambivalent about my plastic models too. Once they're finished they go in a box never to see the light of day again... My Felix met the same fate as the SE5a...

Cheers

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Monty

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:31 AM »
Oh No! But we thoroughly enjoyed the moments of your great SE5A's existence... we really hope repairs can be done! All the Best, Marc

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
That's why I don't build flying models, Guy! I am glad that you're not anguishing over it's demise, though.  I admire your nonchalant approach to modeling and wish that I could view such mishaps the same way.  I'm still aching over the damage done to my W.12 in the tube on the way from London to Telford.  You may have noticed a wrecked W.12 on the Copper State table.  That was mine.  :'( Still whining like a wee babe over it.  You're a better man than I, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 07:33:21 PM »
Oh No! But we thoroughly enjoyed the moments of your great SE5A's existence... we really hope repairs can be done! All the Best, Marc

Thanks Monty, but it's a gonner...

That's why I don't build flying models, Guy! I am glad that you're not anguishing over it's demise, though.  I admire your nonchalant approach to modeling and wish that I could view such mishaps the same way.  I'm still aching over the damage done to my W.12 in the tube on the way from London to Telford.  You may have noticed a wrecked W.12 on the Copper State table.  That was mine.  :'( Still whining like a wee babe over it.  You're a better man than I, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud

Ah Bud, that's a real shame, particularly as you'd taken it all that way  :P sorry I couldn't make it this year, will definitely be going next year, hope to see you then... I completely see why people get upset - it's a lot of work down the pan, but once I've taken photos I feel they're 'in the bag'. I would be if I had a collection on display, but as I don't, it doesn't rankle. As soon as I've finished one - I get lost in the next project!

Guy

“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941