Author Topic: WNW Pfalz D.IIIa  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Davos522

Re: WNW Pfalz D.IIIa
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2024, 03:15:36 AM »
That's lovely, N, that faux-finish on the wood is perfect. I haven't seen the WNW Pfalz in any detail, and these shots just make me kick myself even harder that I missed the boat on this and so many of those other kits.

Dutch

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2024, 04:30:26 AM »
Impressive work, Nigel. The small lines you've added to the interior are a very nice touch.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline NigelR

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2024, 04:43:27 AM »
Thanks very much Rick, Dutch and Gary. It's going well so far....

I haven't seen the WNW Pfalz in any detail, and these shots just make me kick myself even harder that I missed the boat on this and so many of those other kits.

The Pfalz is a lovely kit, I missed it first time round but managed to pick one up at a reasonable price at Scale Modelworld last year. I also just bought a WNW Fokker EIV on eBay for a reasonable price, so please hurry up with those decals..... ;)

Offline Davos522

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2024, 10:49:25 AM »
I'm actually working on the E.IV cockpit decals tonight, they're the last thing I need to finish up before the whole shooting match gets launched across the pond to Stroud... can't wait to see what you do with them :D

Dutch

Offline AngryJazz

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2024, 03:32:45 PM »
Really nice work. The little added details make a huge difference. It almost feel like the cockpit of these planes can be a display piece in themselves  :)
//Ben

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2024, 05:28:18 PM »
That pit looks gorgeous. I especially like the leather seat...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline NigelR

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2024, 06:28:23 PM »
Thanks guys!

It almost feel like the cockpit of these planes can be a display piece in themselves  :)
They definitely can. Then you close up the fuselage and most of it disappears forever!

I especially like the leather seat...
Thanks - that's where my crossover from figure painting helps.

I'm actually working on the E.IV cockpit decals tonight, they're the last thing I need to finish up before the whole shooting match gets launched across the pond to Stroud... can't wait to see what you do with them :D
Excellent! I'll be doing Boelcke's EIV. I've already found Gary's great build of that plane so will use that as my guide.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2024, 01:00:38 AM »

Excellent! I'll be doing Boelcke's EIV. I've already found Gary's great build of that plane so will use that as my guide.

Thanks for that, Nigel. A word of caution on following that build if you weren't already aware. It was done before I realized the correct configuration of the floor of the cockpit and associated part that sits below (which WnW got wrong). I modified this area on my Immelmann E.II built soon after. Looking forward to seeing your E.IV "Boelcke" :)

Offline NigelR

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2024, 06:15:33 PM »
A word of caution on following that build if you weren't already aware. It was done before I realized the correct configuration of the floor of the cockpit and associated part that sits below (which WnW got wrong). I modified this area on my Immelmann E.II built soon after.
Thanks for the heads up Gary. I vaguely remember reading about that on a build thread somewhere, it was probably yours..... ;)

Online Allan31

« Reply #24 on: Today at 08:10:45 AM »
Perfect inspiration as I'm about to start my own Pfalz DIII but in 1/48.
Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline Edo

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:44:22 PM »
I particularely like the leather effect....
very well done!

ciao
edo