Author Topic: A Short Break from WWI  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: A Short Break from WWI
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
I'm not sure about flying, I think there are a couple at Bruntingthorpe that are taxyable...

Almost done now, needs the missiles and pitot tube, a bit of touch up paint such as on the leading edges of the wings, then a final klear coat and a thin wash to highlight panel lines and done.  I have to stop myself trying too hard and spoiling things.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »
Looks great standing up!!! That is a biiiig bird.

Steve

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
Thanks Steve :)  I'm calling this one done.  I put the missile pylons on, and the pitot tube, and a klear coat but couldn't get the panel line wash to go properly without staining the finish too much so I left it.  I painted the missiles but the (previously mentioned) fragile decals did not survive placing on the missiles, so this aircraft is unarmed.  I have no idea if the aircraft would ever have sat on the ground in this configuration, no pilot and no ground locks, ladder, engine covers etc but this was a straightforward OOB build.  I could have done better, with a little more patience and spraying the metal paint rather than brushing.  Another out of the stash though, pending next WWI build.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »
Great work Ian, she looks excellent ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
Excellent job Ian, the last close-up photo is very good showing your superb paint work, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com