Author Topic: 1/72 MAC Roland D.VIa  (Read 1130 times)

Offline DaveB

Re: 1/72 MAC Roland D.VIa
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2023, 01:45:35 AM »
Another one of your little masterpieces - great work on your Roland.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline ScottJ

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2023, 03:26:44 AM »
Thank you all for being so kind to my Roland, I appreciate all the positive comments.

Rick - I used the breech's from a Roden kit and I don't remember why, the ones supplied by MAC would have worked fine.  Plus, I forgot to add the round counter which was already part of the MAC molding.  Cooling jackets/sights are Tom's Modelworks.

Paul - This is really a pretty nicely done kit but I agree that the wings look a little thick (especially at the trailing edge) and the ribs are a little too pronounced.  Also the cabane struts, landing legs and wheels all look oversized to me.  I replaced the landing legs and wheels but tried to thin the cabane struts by scraping and sanding.  I quit when they started to look a little funky where the cross support meets.

Rip VW - See above... also, the PE instrument panel is too wide and needs to be cut down to fit when the fuselage is glued together.  The cockpit sits well back from the upper wing and the opening is quite large so this is a good area to add some detail as the interior is very visible. 

As a note, I scratched the interplane struts and used the old Pegasus Roland D.VI template guide to cut to length... they turned out perfectly sized.

Thanks again for all the input.
Take care
Scott
You can't grub with the sparrows when you've flown with the hawks... 
E.P. Janney?

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 01:03:59 AM »
Beautiful result, especially in this scale!

Cheers,
Willem

Offline Flamingo

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 06:07:58 AM »
Thank you for showing this little masterpiece
Greetings Joe