Author Topic: "You Win This Time"!  (Read 4317 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: "You Win This Time"!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 06:41:19 AM »
As others have said, it all looks great.  The water is depicted very realistically.  The shredded fabric is convincing.  And it tells a story the way the pilot is posed.

Bravo!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »
Brad - you never cease to amaze me with your models and this diorama is jaw-droppingly brilliant ! It tells a wonderful story visually and the Albatros is a gem. Please tell us whose lozenge decals you used, because these are not Eduard. I love Eduard kits but their lozenge colour choices just don't ring true for me. Yours is perfect!

Also what did you use to create the water? That's a diorama aspect I would love to know more about.

Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »
Many thanks again everyone!

Dave - the water is a product called Envirotex Lite - which is a two part slow curing resin. Here is a source for Aussie customers:

https://aldaxstore.com.au/p/593431/envirotex-lite---pour-on---high-gloss-finish-500ml-kit-aus-customers-only.html

This resin takes a good 8-12 hours to cure and up to 72 hours to completely and fully harden. I "dammed" the edges of the diorama before the pour.

The resin cures with a flat surface. The ripples were added with mod podge gloss, blown about with air from an airbrush to form the ripples.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

BC
Owner and Administrator
forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »
Thanks for the tip, Brad!  Your Albatros and Diorama are excellent as I said on another site.  I really like the shredded fabric effects as well.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
Amazing work. The trial and (no) error on the water is perfect!!

Steve

Bughunter

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 05:20:27 AM »
Brad, what a great story telling dio!
I really like the wood, the water and the filigree damages, which brings up internal details.
This is in all aspects on a very high level, great painting, detailing and environment.

Sorry for my late answer, I thought I posted already. Forgot to press "Post" after "Preview", not the first time ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Brez

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
Beautiful, amazing work as always Brad. The water takes it to an even higher level.