Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Halberstadt Cl.II (Early) Royal Prussian Schlasta 21, Oct 1918  (Read 16938 times)

Online Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Hi Lance,
I've been following your build with great interest as I have this model in my stash.
As usual a educating and masterful build,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Great to see you approach the finish line. nice and colourful Halberstadt, it will be a gem in your collection.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Borsos

I can only repeat myself, this sheme is wonderful and you painted it brilliantly.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online lone modeller

As usual Lance your model looks wonderful. As for the (very) minor blemishes to which you refer, I am sure that a blind man would like to see them. The colour scheme is very eye catching and the prop is truly first class. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Many thanks for your very generous and encouraging comments Gents, means a lot!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RichieW

Lance this is a stunner! From the wonderful paint work to the beautifully carved prop and subtle weathering this a real showstopper. It's going to look great in your cabinet.

Offline GazzaS

That looks so amazing.  Love the wood prop.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
I just don't know what to say , it's all been said already . Truly wonderful in all aspects  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Great result, Lance.  The paint chipping and the prop look especially good.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Thanks for checking it out Folks and for your nice comments! I hope to steal a few hours of bench time today to complete this one.
Cheers,
Lance

Bughunter

Lance, you are really getting me in trouble with this beautiful model! I only have one Halberstadt Cl.II kit, and it should get the flamed red nose. If I look at the pictures further, I will have to buy a second kit to build this color scheme as well.
Yours is really, really nice!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Thanks very much Frank, and I know yours will be a great success as well as a second one if you take the plunge!
    Well, after an off and on process I am finally finished this one. Several interruptions and over 8 months after starting she's finally done!

I'll post the final photos in Completed Models shortly. A very nice Kit and mostly enjoyable Build with my usual added  "warts and scrapes". Thanks for following along and for all the encouragement and positive comments!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

Awesome results and a Great Build Log as always Lance!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GazzaS

Congrats, Rick!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Awesome Lance !  :) :) :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .