Author Topic: Completed - Eduard 8113 Albatros DV  (Read 1737 times)

Offline dr 1 ace

Re: Completed - Eduard 8113 Albatros DV
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2023, 01:02:20 AM »
Like all your work, well done !

Ed
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 04:16:25 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2023, 11:14:03 PM »
Brad - that's simply the best example I've seen built of the Eduard kit. Not only your interior mods...but the spinner and undercarriage leg replacement sets the model into a league of it's own. And your paint & finishing work is sublime. Absolutely stunning.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline RichieW

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2023, 03:04:42 AM »
Stunning work Brad, that is so special. You must be really chuffed with the result!

Richie

Online Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2023, 07:48:47 AM »
Many thanks everyone, you are all too kind!

(20 years you say, Oh my goodness it seems like yesterday I was relishing these new-process Eduard kits over the old short-run SS D.III, Baby, Starstrutter, Alb C.III etc!)

Tell me about it Sandy! I built the very first edition of the DV back in the mid 1990s, when it first came out (I think it was the 1996 release 8019 red baron boxing, going by the tail number). Those that remember will also know that this early kit also formed the basis of the modern release that we have today, so this kit's pedigree goes quite a way back. Here's a picture of my very first build, probably back around 1996 or 1997, when I was about 15 or 16. It was a completely fictional scheme, all brush painted (I didn't own an airbrush then), with stretched fuse wire rigging, hand drawn 'wood grain' (with a pencil), and hand painted lozenge on the tail. I hadn't discovered gloss coats for decals then either, haha! I do remember being pleased as punch with it at the time though :)

I also remember when Eduard were getting into their 'new' moulding technology, and what a revolution that felt like with their slew of releases back in the early 2000s. What happy days they were! :)

Cheers again!

BC

Offline Flamingo

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2023, 08:05:26 AM »
Absolutely stunning model, I'm especially impressed by the nails.

But could it have a few parts to much compared to the original;D

Greetings Joachim

Online Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2023, 09:15:57 AM »
Many thanks Joachim!

But could it have a few parts to much compared to the original;D

Here's the Eduard scheme that I used:

From the Eduard instructions, this machine is one of two known to be flown by Thom;

"The illustrated rendering of D.2164/17 is a possible reconstruction. It is not out of the question that the aircraft was covered with fabric bearing a Lozenge pattern. While with Jasta 21, Karl Thom flew aircraft numbered D.2016/17. This aircraft bore the same personal marking (5+T), and otherwise was consistent with the bird flown by Eduard von Schleich, including the black front end and black and white stripe on the fuselage. It did not, however, have the headrest installed."

Here's a picture of D.2164 that I think was used as the reference for the Eduard scheme:

Hopefully this helps clarify :)

Thanks again!

Brad

Offline Flamingo

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2023, 08:13:45 PM »
Hi Brad, 

the parts I meant were the wings and the prop, but your photo shows the original did have them!  ;D

Greetings Joe

Btw, this was the first box:

Offline Davos522

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2023, 10:07:48 PM »
I can see now why the folks on the WW1 Mailing List held your work in such high regard, Brad... this is as good as modeling gets.

Dave V.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »

That's the very scheme I'd like to do when I get a 1/48 Albi to call my own!
Zac in NZ