Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48580 times)

Offline ThePenguin

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2020, 01:16:18 AM »
SprueBro's are down to 69 UWD's.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2020, 09:04:43 AM »

They'll probably have those until November.  Too esoteric of model and not a big seller.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2020, 12:57:40 PM »

They'll probably have those until November.  Too esoteric of model and not a big seller.
No these are slow sellers. For most’non-essential’. The kit that broke WNW - or was that the Lancaster?
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2020, 08:52:28 AM »

No these are slow sellers. For most’non-essential’. The kit that broke WNW - or was that the Lancaster?

From what I can ascertain from interviews here and elsewhere it wasn't just one kit.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »
Okay, for those that iive in the Phoenix Arizona area, I stopped by Andy's today.  Lots of DH.9's, NINAK's DFW's and One AEG Early.  No Meng DR.I's at this time, but according to Andy, in about two weeks he will be getting his shipment of DR.I's and more WNW from his German connection.  (MBK)  I will probably he heading up there after a phone to ensure what he has.  I am not affiliated with Andy's but thought if there are forumites in the area this might be helpful for planning purposes.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2020, 02:22:21 PM »
...more WNW from his German connection.

one for the rumor mill... i wonder if this is a sign that WNW has negotiated to dispose of some if its NZ inventory via MBK?

maybe not, maybe MBK are just splitting off some of what they still have.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2020, 04:21:16 PM »

one for the rumor mill... i wonder if this is a sign that WNW has negotiated to dispose of some if its NZ inventory via MBK?

Thanks probably the later. I imagine a shipment from NZ to Europe is a bit slow at the moment.

Offline gcn

« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »

Not sure. There was a thread on LSP about another shipment from MBK that went up as pre sales and sold out fast.  Perhaps that’s that and he’s saving a few kits for the store as before.

The kit list wasn’t anything rare from what I remember.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2020, 12:37:03 AM »
i'm assuming you are referring to the 2nd shipment at MBK, not a 3rd shipment?

Offline gcn

« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2020, 02:01:24 AM »
Yes.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2020, 06:16:29 PM »
A post war Ninak arrived from WETA today - perfect! There is so much plastic for this beast I had to have a few goes trying to fit the sprues in and get the lid on again!

Offline frankr

« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2020, 01:36:16 AM »
A post war Ninak arrived from WETA today - perfect! There is so much plastic for this beast I had to have a few goes trying to fit the sprues in and get the lid on again!

Your lucky, I got an email from weta today saying they oversold the US warehouse and my models would be shipping from NZ, so at least another month for me.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2020, 01:55:59 AM »
i got 2 USAS Camels from Weta yesterday. only problem, one box was crushed, and wet. inside box was also crushed. however the good news, the sprues are ok it looks like the decals are OK too, but this one's meant to be a different Clerget Camel not USAS.

i don't know whether it got crushed and wet on the NZ end or the TH end, but generally both postal services have been rock solid. i think it's just an unlucky rare event.

that said i get the impression that Weta were generally overwhelmed by the WNW crush and the remaining kits won't be sold through there. the ones they just sold off were their own inventory not WNW, i'm pretty sure of that.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2020, 02:13:14 AM »

Your lucky, I got an email from weta today saying they oversold the US warehouse and my models would be shipping from NZ, so at least another month for me.

I got the same Email. The more I think about it the more pissed I am. They took My Money 20 days ago and said it would be delivered by the 25th. They waited until the 24th to let Me know it was out of stock.I find it hard to believe that they "Just" came to the realization!  I only ordered one kit and that was more or less a whim. The more I think about it the More I think I will ask for a refund and send My Money to Copper State like I originally planned!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2020, 07:36:12 AM »
Okay, for those that iive in the Phoenix Arizona area, I stopped by Andy's today.  Lots of DH.9's, NINAK's DFW's and One AEG Early.  No Meng DR.I's at this time, but according to Andy, in about two weeks he will be getting his shipment of DR.I's and more WNW from his German connection.  (MBK)  I will probably he heading up there after a phone to ensure what he has.  I am not affiliated with Andy's but thought if there are forumites in the area this might be helpful for planning purposes.

Keep in mind MBK went from having a bunch of WNW kits to have none overnight, about a week ago or so.

I wonder if they did a deal to send a bunch of their inventory to Andy.