Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48556 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2020, 12:55:08 PM »
my two USAS Camels have shipped.

i think it's fair to say that Weta made a sincere effort to fulfill orders. if the WNW shop reopens with a bunch of rookie temps manning the warehouse i expect some mistakes also. but at this point beggars can't be choosers

(but since i'm begging i'm hoping the OAW sprues, and original LVG C.VI decals turn up somewhere).

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
my two USAS Camels have shipped.

i think it's fair to say that Weta made a sincere effort to fulfill orders. if the WNW shop reopens with a bunch of rookie temps manning the warehouse i expect some mistakes also. but at this point beggars can't be choosers

(but since i'm begging i'm hoping the OAW sprues, and original LVG C.VI decals turn up somewhere).
I noticed the departure airport is Auckland. Let’s see how long they will be there. Stage 3 lockdown.

Yes and I was hoping to get a Fok D7 decal sheets as well as OAW and Alb sprue set,
wonder where and when they’ll turn up?
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2020, 04:39:16 AM »
seeing as we've witnessed at least one WNW controlled warehouse sold off, i think it's fair to expect the WNW-held stock to turn up in some form.

Weta shipments are going a bit slow, so it may not happen right now...

it's also entirely possible they'll dump it to a big distributor. in their position i'd be looking for the easiest option with the highest margins.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2020, 05:31:47 AM »
I think that Wetanz took the whole wingnut inventory in NZ... at least from the mail that i received

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »
Yes I think Weta has completely washed their hands of WNW for now.
I guess we all wonder how PJ feels about the whole thing now or whether the decision is made and he’s left it up to the liquidators.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2020, 03:12:19 AM »
I think that Wetanz took the whole wingnut inventory in NZ... at least from the mail that i received
if they have taken *all* Wingnuts' own inventory, where are the missing kits? there were no recent releases on offer, and a lot of sprues missing.

everything i saw in the screen grab (most of it was sold out before i got there, but someone on Facebook did a screen grab) was stuff Weta had before they stopped selling WNW.

so *if* Weta have everything there will be more there, but this that we just saw was clearly them selling off *their* inventory.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »
I received an email from weta titled "The Final Flight of Wingnut Wings":
"We’ve unearthed the last of our model kits & dioramas. Wingnut Wings are making one final flight on our website. Get these historic favourites, before they’re gone for good."
So I suppose that they received the very last WNW kits in the NZ warehouse...

Offline aircare84

« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:58 AM »
ermeio,
When did you receive this email?
Nothing showing anymore @ their store.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2020, 09:48:39 AM »
I understand the WnW kits being sold by Weta were their own stocks and were not the contents of the NZ WnW waehouse.

The status of the warehouse stock is still unknown but the Wingnut group are understood to be contacting model retailers, who think it may be related to warehouse disposal. However that is their assumption and as always Wingnut Group are not saying anything. They're so hyper secret they won't even confirm what day of the week it is in NZ. :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »
I understand the WnW kits being sold by Weta were their own stocks and were not the contents of the NZ WnW waehouse.

The status of the warehouse stock is still unknown but the Wingnut group are understood to be contacting model retailers, who think it may be related to warehouse disposal. However that is their assumption and as always Wingnut Group are not saying anything. They're so hyper secret they won't even confirm what day of the week it is in NZ. :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Good one Dave ;D As mentioned Weta was selling off their own stock (I believe Dave J conformed 2 separate warehouses) @ 30% off before Covid. This was the last of it. There wasn’t much and it went quick. The WNW inventory is in its warehouse, for now...

Offline ermeio

« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

thanks, Dave
so there is still some chance to see the last stocks poppin'up somewhere innthe next weeks
I hope so ... (well, my wallet will not be so happy :()

Offline ermeio

« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
ermeio,
When did you receive this email?
Nothing showing anymore @ their store.
I received it the last week... on opening the link only some not essential WNW kits were available and in one hour not even those...

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

thanks, Dave
so there is still some chance to see the last stocks poppin'up somewhere innthe next weeks
I hope so ... (well, my wallet will not be so happy :()
+1  :-\

Offline Fokkerfighter

« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
The last three sales( MBK, Andys x2) have totaled just a few hundred kits, not the closer to 1000 or more I might have expected. Are kit stocks that low?  Those three sales had what, 20 Felixstowes? I also noticed that there was not a lot of crossover in kits from MBK  and Andys, except for Camels and two seaters. Did I miss something?

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2020, 12:25:25 AM »
The last three sales( MBK, Andys x2) have totaled just a few hundred kits, not the closer to 1000 or more I might have expected. Are kit stocks that low?  Those three sales had what, 20 Felixstowes? I also noticed that there was not a lot of crossover in kits from MBK  and Andys, except for Camels and two seaters. Did I miss something?
Hi
I’ve got a feeling it was more than a few hundred. There was at least 100 each of many kits. I don’t know if it was more than 1000 for each store though, but someone could estimate. WNWs excess kits have certainly been reduced, including ‘non- essentials’. Sprue Bro’s, Hannants, HLJ, BNA etc etc all sold out as well.

I don’t know how many are in NZ but it seems the market is not yet saturated. I’d say it wouldn’t be too hard for WNW to find willing retailers to sell off the remainder in bulk.

But how many on average of each kit are left 100, 500, 1000? Who knows.