Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 32871 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »
Thanks pushy Dan !

Today I focused on spending some time on this kite and finished off the interior rigging for the left side of the fuselage .
The rudder bar got some details added and is fixed in place . Working on the instruments now . What slowed me down on this was decals , not something I really have in my spare box . So most of them are left overs from building WNW Se5a . The compass is from a set I got from Des many years ago . Even though that it is a German one it will work for what I need , more on these items later . Any way this is where I stand now .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »
Good to see real progress on this one Terri - it is a pusher after all!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
Thanks Stephen !

Made a bit more progress with the smaller details and I'm just about ready to start fixing the smaller items in place . With a few more details to make . It was an enjoyable afternoon in front of the bench ...no stress ! ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2020, 04:52:20 AM »
Nice progress, Terri.
What do you think of the Vector engine?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2020, 05:10:35 AM »
   The interior bracing rigging is a nice touch Terri, and very visible in this design. Lovely work!
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2020, 05:38:38 AM »
The bracing wires look perfect Terri! Well Done  :D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2020, 11:36:00 PM »
Thanks Ken , Lance and Rick for following long and support  :)

Ken , it's not the first time I have used their engines and other resin sets . The detail is very fine and crisp , clean up is easy and quick . But the resin is hard , not soft like other manufactures so a bit more sanding is needed . With this engine one detail is missing and that's the inicition ring for the spark plug leads . I will have to make this myself .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
Progress is starting to really take shape in the pit now . I replace the molded piping , or what was of it with copper wire . Still working on the seat , but this can get installed later during the build . I just need to spray a satin coat and the halves can get glued together .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2020, 08:24:37 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
Outstanding interior work Terri! The IP, wood tones, and bracing wires look Great!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Monty

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2020, 02:29:24 AM »
Some amazing work going on here, Terri. Great detailing, clean and neat and wood tones to die for... Love the instruments too, a great addition.... Regards, Marc.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2020, 02:55:45 AM »
Thanks Rick and Marc , I should have the halves fixed together detail and will be able to start with the fuselage details  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2020, 11:12:37 AM »
Halves are now joined and drying . Did not get an over good fit and will need some putty , but it's not bad besides the fuselage will get violated with a sanding sand stick for up coming detailing .

Engine is together and ready for further detailing and a few hours spend on correcting the mis-match molding on the blades with still clean up to do .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch