Author Topic: Replicating Fokker Plywood Wings  (Read 906 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Replicating Fokker Plywood Wings
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024, 12:24:07 AM »
Outstanding results Dutch! I have another kit but I don't think I am ready for that challenge. When I do build another one I will get the Brass aftermarket struts and save Myself some stress  8)

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 12:55:42 AM »
Just catching up and that definitely hits the mark!

Steve

Offline Davos522

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 12:03:22 PM »
Again, thanks for the comments... while the E.I is still in a holding pattern I'm whiling away my time on her younger sister the E.V. Since I'm going to experiment with not only replicating the uneven effect of the Fokker ply-covered wings, but the wood-stain camouflage finish as well, I wanted to begin with a natural plywood base:

It'll only be partially visible under the faded brown/green/blue/violet, so I didn't waste a lot of time on the graining, then it got a couple of coats of Dullcote lacquer since I wanted a bulletproof foundation to experiment on... wish me luck on this one.

And although it's not part of the wing, the fuselage interior does incorporate plywood, so I thought I'd throw in a gratuitous shot of that too:

I had a couple of sheets lying around so I used some Aviattic ply and interior lozenge, the stringers are .030x.010 Evergreen styrene strip that I threw a quick graining effect on.

All best,

Dutch
(Moderators: If this goes any farther I'll start a separate build log, I promise!)

Offline NigelR

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2024, 06:06:17 PM »
Interesting to see this one progress. I discovered that Aviattic had some EV streaking decals which IMO look quite good, I have some in my stash for my EV build. I'll be keen to see how you approach this.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 05:13:07 AM »
Looking very good Dutch! If you proceed to streaking, camo that is, Please add that portion to the Fokker Streaking thread in Hints and Tips!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler