Author Topic: Friedrichshafen FF.33L CHFT + Zeebrügge Rail Car  (Read 19667 times)

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
Re: Friedrichshafen FF.33L CHFT + Zeebrügge Rail Car
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »
Fantastic work on the tail planes , nice easy fix and far better then having to cut new one form sheet stock . Love the floats !

Alexis
There is great progress on this pretty unique masterpiece, Karl! Your research photos are pure inspiration and you show us some great techniques and effects... I'm watching with rapt attention! Regards, Marc.

You made the tail plane conversion look easy Kent! The floats are also looking fantastic!
RAGIII

Thank you!

The printed naval hex sheets from Lukgraph have arrived...

Tests to see how the decals react to different pre shading colors.

So with the pre shading color in place...

Progress of the decal'ing  of the fuselage. The light grey is also Lukgraph's decal.

The colors could be tweeked a bit, but overall I like the result, not too stark in the coloring.

The floats with a darker version applied.

Cheers: Kent

Offline RichieW

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
Stunning! I am amazed by the speed at which you produce such precise and artistic work.

Richie

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2021, 11:30:55 PM »
Looking really sharp Kent  :)

How are the decals for handling and did you need any setting solutions ? I don't think I ever recall seeing these used before .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kkarlsen

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2021, 11:36:41 PM »
Looking really sharp Kent  :)

How are the decals for handling and did you need any setting solutions ? I don't think I ever recall seeing these used before .

Alexis

They are really easy to work with, I used Tamiya Mark Fit Decal Solution, but I don't think it was even necessary...

Kent

Offline kkarlsen

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2021, 11:41:49 PM »
Stunning! I am amazed by the speed at which you produce such precise and artistic work.

Richie

Sorry Richie, but I feel the progress on this one is kinda slow? I'm pounding myself why I haven't done the wings yet!

Kent

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2021, 11:48:05 PM »
    Looking fantastic Kent, those Lukgraph Hex decals are impressive to say the least! I like the "blended and subtle" presentation they provide and the pre-shading is perfect. This is going to be a spectacular model when completed!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2021, 04:02:09 AM »
    Looking fantastic Kent, those Lukgraph Hex decals are impressive to say the least! I like the "blended and subtle" presentation they provide and the pre-shading is perfect. This is going to be a spectacular model when completed!
Cheers,
Lance

I don't think I can say it any better so I will just Agree with Lance!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2021, 07:22:52 AM »

Richie

Sorry Richie, but I feel the progress on this one is kinda slow? I'm pounding myself why I haven't done the wings yet!

Kent

No way! I build at  this rate to just get it done but you are producing something truly special. Don't forget the many hours of research and planning you have done, that has taken a huge chunk of time. Time well spent though, I'm very much enjoying seeing a masterpiece appear at your gifted hands!

Richie

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2021, 07:33:13 AM »
Very nice. These decals look great indeed.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lawqbarr

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2021, 09:13:30 AM »
Kent
Another stunner with brown hex decals !!
I have been looking for decent brown hex for ages !!
Those decals look fabulous - In fact they actually look a lot better than the Blue/grey hex that are commonly available -
You have got them in 1/32 - Do you know if they are available in 1/48 as well ?
After reading your recent post I went to the Lukraph site, but no hex decals are listed ???
Were the decals you used done especially for you ? if not,  perhaps you could ask Lukasz to up-date his web-site and include this interesting addition to his WWI products
Are you able to indicate prices ?
Looking forward to your next inspiring installment on this build
kind regards
David   

Offline kkarlsen

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2021, 06:09:54 PM »
Kent
Another stunner with brown hex decals !!
I have been looking for decent brown hex for ages !!
Those decals look fabulous - In fact they actually look a lot better than the Blue/grey hex that are commonly available -
You have got them in 1/32 - Do you know if they are available in 1/48 as well ?
After reading your recent post I went to the Lukraph site, but no hex decals are listed ???
Were the decals you used done especially for you ? if not,  perhaps you could ask Lukasz to up-date his web-site and include this interesting addition to his WWI products
Are you able to indicate prices ?
Looking forward to your next inspiring installment on this build
kind regards
David   

Thank you David, I'm glad you like the naval decals. Yes Lukasz approached me and we are collaborating on the Hex decals.

I have the same sentiments toward previous available decals, being too dark or too stark in contrast.
Thankfully Lukasz gave me the opportunity to get a hex pattern that fits my 'interpretation' of the German naval hex colors.

These are 'prototype' prints, and will be available from Lukgraph at some point, when we have decided what 'tweeks', if any
will be necessary. I'm sure Lukasz can be persuaded to do them in 1/48 scale if the interest is there.

Now I have to finish the wings with the larger pattern, before we know what the next step will be, please be patient with me!

Regards: Kent

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »
Looking forward on seeing the main wings  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline mess

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2021, 11:01:36 PM »
I suggest to offset pattern on ailerons a little (as seen on your photo), it looks weird when it continues from wing to them...

Inspiring build anyway! :)
Martin from Czechia

Offline kkarlsen

« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2021, 01:01:36 AM »
Looking forward on seeing the main wings  :)

Alexis

Me too  ;)

I suggest to offset pattern on ailerons a little (as seen on your photo), it looks weird when it continues from wing to them...

Inspiring build anyway! :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Berman

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2021, 04:47:51 AM »
 If the printed fabric was applied chordwise with careful attention to match the seams so there would be full hexagons, why would they not match the aileron covering to the rest of the wing?