Author Topic: Albatros D.I 390/16, Otto Hohne, Jasta 2, Lagnicourt September 1916  (Read 8377 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Albatros D.I 390/16, Otto Hohne, Jasta 2, Lagnicourt September 1916
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
Lovely build. I'm partial to those early machines and you've done them justice with this one.
Thanks, Michael!  I do, too.  My next Albatros will probably be a D.II, rather than a D.III or a D.V.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:28 AM »
Great build Bud.  Someday I'll do a wood finish as nice as yours (hopefully).  Must have more Albatri.  I wish WNW would re-issue their DV/DVa.
Gabe

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 11:40:17 AM »
Boy being on midnights makes me miss a lot. Great work!!!!

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
Great build Bud.  Someday I'll do a wood finish as nice as yours (hopefully).  Must have more Albatri.  I wish WNW would re-issue their DV/DVa.
Gabe
Thank you, Gabe!  In all honesty, a chimp could do wood finish like this using Uschi decals.  ;) By the way, there's a First Air War Symposium in Oakland on Sept 10.  Can you make it?  Bring some models.  Here's an excerpt from the email Dana Lombardy sent me.

"The World War One Historical Association is holding its second annual First Air War Symposium on Saturday September 10 in the Forum Building at Laney College in Downtown Oakland. Public Hours planned are 10-4PM. Here's a short video on last year's event: http://bit.ly/29ZanAR

Our co-sponsor is the League of World War One Aviation Historians. Other aviation groups that we expect will be participating this year are Moffat Field Historical Society and Alameda Naval Aviation Museum.

We will have 2 presentations, a book & art print dealer, tabletop gaming, some models, exhibits and a beverage/snack vendor. Admission and parking are free. Event details are here and a poster is attached.  Website: http://firstairwar.org/ "

Jack Herris will be doing one of the presentations and he will also have a table where he will be selling his books.  Mike will also be there manning the OTF table with me.  It'll be fun.  Hope you can make it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
Boy being on midnights makes me miss a lot. Great work!!!!

Steve
Thanks, Steve!  So glad you could drop by.  Still working Mids?  Man, I couldn't do that.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline P.P.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »
Great work. Because od the sunlight I like the last pics the most.
Regards,
Paul

Offline tom1815

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:34 AM »
Im about to start my first Albatros, if it looks anywhere near as good as yours I will be very happy indeed.
Tom

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 03:36:35 AM »
Great work. Because od the sunlight I like the last pics the most.
Regards,
Paul
Thanks, Paul!  That's my favorite photo, as well.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 03:37:37 AM »
Nice! Beautiful wood tones :)
Thanks, Justin!  Good ole Uschi decals.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:01 AM »
Im about to start my first Albatros, if it looks anywhere near as good as yours I will be very happy indeed.
Tom
Thank you, Tom!  It's great to have you join us and I'm looking forward to seeing that Albatros of yours.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 12:55:45 AM »
Wow - how did I miss this one, it's really nicely done! Congrats on a beautiful model!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 09:44:59 PM »
Bud
Beautiful work!  Was happy to see an early war Albatros finally done.  Cameo finish looks great.

Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
Love that shot on the grass! Looks real! Nice work!

Glenn

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 03:10:03 AM »
Thank you, Gary, Charlie and Glenn!  Very kind of you.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:37 AM »
Wow, like Gary, don't know how I missed this, maybe just did not
hit the right button at the time you originally finished it as I do recall the pics,  Great Job !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.