Author Topic: Morane N Eduard 1:48  (Read 4567 times)

Offline xmald

Morane N Eduard 1:48
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »
Hello. I`ve started it some time ago. After scrutinising the subject of engine control in this plane, which due to the absence of good photos of cockpit is rather theoretical, I`ve decided to modify the cockpit layout proposed by the producer. I`ve added mixture/throttle control, cables, some elements of the construction etc. I`m planning to add magneto switch and other details. I`m sorry for the poor quality of photos.

A short update. I have added an oil tank, as well as internal wiring and control cables. I`m planning to close the fuselage today, and add other cockpit details later

I`ve done something which is relatively new to me. I wanted to reproduce the effect of the construction being visible through the canvas. On the bottom of wings it will be darker while on the upper surfaces the shading will be done using lighter tones. After taking a photo I`ve realised how crude it looks...so I have to redo it.

I have repainted wings and the effect is better.

A brief update. I have shaded the fusselage and wings using chalks (pastels). I have also added magneto switch, seatbelts (tamiya tape), blip switch on the control stick, I will also add map as in Windsock... Some more in the next episode;)

I had to scratchbuild the internal struts of the undercarriage since they were much too short. Scratches on the black enamel are a novelty to me cause I`ve used hairspray for the first time to acheive this effect.Below there are some photos:

Best regards
Filip

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Morane N Eduard 1:48
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:25:41 AM »
Absolutely brilliant, thus far, xmald, and welcome to the show.  Your cockpit details, the rib and framing shading and your chipped paint on the cowling are superb.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
I'll echo Bud's comments xmald and add the fact that you've ended up with a very busy looking cockpit which looks very realistic. I've just got to try that hairspray technique soon to try and emulate your results. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this build.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 03:48:10 AM »
Looking great and I love the transparent look you've captured with you CDL. Top drawer.

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline xmald

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:55 AM »
Cheers for your comments :) This forum is what I`ve been looking for! I`ll post update tomorrow.
Best regards
Filip

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »
   Xmald,
Beautiful progress my friend. Very impressive cockpit details and excellent paint to date.Looking forward to seeing more.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:57:28 AM »
Very nice indeed xmald, the detailing is excellent.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
Looking great xmald, the CDL effects look very effective and the cowling chipping is well done.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
Great job on an elegant aircraft!!! The black paint wear worked well.

Steve

Offline xmald

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
Thanks guys:) There is still something I would like to improve in this CDL effect. I` m thinking of a way to give it some depth if you know what I mean...  Once again thanx for feedback it keeps me motivated:)
Best regards
Filip

Offline Galloway

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
Looking really good! Love the CDL effect.....

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »
Beautiful job so far xmald. Your cockpit detailing is excellent and does look very realistic. The wing shading and the wear on the black is superb, very well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:11 AM »
Very nice indeed, lovely work :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 05:40:03 AM »
Seriously nice! Lovely pics.

And also very satisfying to see that they've moulded on the vital MS logo. I recently added the Special Hobby 1/32 to my collection - and there's not a logo to be seen. Despite being very visible in the boxtop art. I mean, it's a crucial part of any Morane's persona, isn't it? I'm surprised to say the least, because there is a PE set and I'd have thought it might have been included there if the moulding didn't permit it. Does anyone recall someone somewhere doing just this, making some PE MS logos? Maybe my mind is playing tricks. Looks like some eye straining work with slivers of scrap plastic is in order.   [/rant ]

Good luck with the rest of this build :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 08:46:57 AM »
bEAUTIFUL WORK TO DATE! LOOKS EXCELLENT. lOVE THE cdl COLORING!!
ragiii
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler