Author Topic: Rudolf Klimke’s Dr.1 in 1:32 scale  (Read 19224 times)

Offline phs Paddy

Re: Rudolf Klimke’s Dr.1 in 1:32 scale
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »
Paddy, I don't think you can get much better than a Winsor & Newton Series 7 3/0, but seriously I was only joking when I said that the brush magnifies the same as the bit you're painting.  :)

Cheers

Pete.

Pete, I took it as kidding.  ;D

I sure agree on the W & N Series 7 brushes. I have a 3/0 up thru a #1 that I use just for acrylic paint with the #0 probably getting the most use when needing to do fine work.

Read some where that if possible to have a set of brushes just for acrylics and another for oils and I assume that includes enamels in the oil set. If I remember correctly it was argued that it is very hard to get oils completely cleaned from the brush and then that causes a repelling of the water based type acrylics when you are loading the brush. I don’t know if that’s over kill but I do keep two sets. I have some Da Vinci Maestro that I keep for the oils just to remind me that these are for oil but they’re not the quality of the W&N Series 7 brushes IMO. May have to do something about that one of these days when I can work some more Series 7’s into the budget.  :)

Cheers,

Paddy  :)   
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Paddy, I don't think you can get much better than a Winsor & Newton Series 7 3/0, but seriously I was only joking when I said that the brush magnifies the same as the bit you're painting.  :)

Cheers

Pete.

Pete, I took it as kidding.  ;D

May have to do something about that one of these days when I can work some more Series 7’s into the budget.  :)

Cheers,

They certainly aren't cheap, in the UK they start off at £6.50 for a 3/0 and then work up from there, if I remember correctly the largest series 7 brush is about £190.00.  :'(

Cheers

Pete.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 07:56:09 AM »
That being said, when used carefully, a Series 7 lasts 3x as long as the cheaper brushes.

Steve

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
How goes the Dr.1 Paddy? Hope your not waiting for me to catch up ;) ;D
I'll be using your excellence to help inform my baby steps.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2012, 01:45:48 AM »
How goes the Dr.1 Paddy? Hope your not waiting for me to catch up ;) ;D
I'll be using your excellence to help inform my baby steps.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for that but I'm afraid I'm stalled at the present time. Little time in the shop as we're in a vacation period, doing day trips and also domestics about the yard. Love being outside with none of that funny white stuff on the ground.  ;D

I'll be pulling at the bit before its over to get restarted but for now the lights are out in the hanger.  ;)

In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:59 AM »
I feel your pain Paddy. Only good thing about the white stuff is it hides all the other stuff that needs to be done when it's gone! My workbench time is taking a beating for the same reason, hopefully I'll get caught up soon.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2012, 05:32:20 AM »
I feel your pain Paddy. Only good thing about the white stuff is it hides all the other stuff that needs to be done when it's gone! My workbench time is taking a beating for the same reason, hopefully I'll get caught up soon.
Cheers,
Lance

Spot on Lance.  ;)

Paddy

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Don't get the white stuff where I am, just lots of fast growing green stuff that is slowing down as the cold weather kicks in for another Aussie winter.
So a bit more time to hit the bench for me.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 05:01:55 AM »
Don't get the white stuff where I am, just lots of fast growing green stuff that is slowing down as the cold weather kicks in for another Aussie winter.
So a bit more time to hit the bench for me.

Andrew

Oh! I forgot to mention that the "fast growing green stuff" is part of what comes up from under the "white" stuff annually. Once all cut and trimmed mine takes 4-5 hours. I live on an acreage and have far too much of the stuff. I'll try to find a place with concrete landscaping to retire to soon...
Cheers,
Lance :( :'(

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »
Oh! I forgot to mention that the "fast growing green stuff" is part of what comes up from under the "white" stuff annually. Once all cut and trimmed mine takes 4-5 hours. I live on an acreage and have far too much of the stuff. I'll try to find a place with concrete landscaping to retire to soon...
Cheers,

Do I foresee something like . . . maybe a . . . vineyard in your future?  ;D  ;D  :o

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »
Cheers,

Do I foresee something like . . . maybe a . . . vineyard in your future?  ;D  ;D  :o

Chris,
    Ouch!! SWMBO has mentioned one of the great things about moving east is the "wine country" aspect; fancies herself getting a "hobby-job" as as a Tour Guide at a Vineyard. For my part I'd rather buy good SE Australian here and continue shovelling the white stuff!
Cheers,
Lance ;) 

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2012, 12:50:52 PM »
....For my part I'd rather buy good SE Australian here....

Ahh, a man after my own heart Lance ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »
Chris,
    Ouch!! SWMBO has mentioned one of the great things about moving east is the "wine country" aspect; fancies herself getting a "hobby-job" as as a Tour Guide at a Vineyard. For my part I'd rather buy good SE Australian here and continue shovelling the white stuff!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

She may need that job when you see the house prices down that way!  :o

Cheers,

Chris 
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.