Author Topic: Authentic color Drooling Bulldog  (Read 41142 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Authentic color Drooling Bulldog
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
I second that from Canada. We have all those bilingual labeling problems if it was to be marketed here so buying it offshore is probably the route we would have to go.

Steve

Offline von Mertens

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
Thanks for your interest in our podukt. We already sent some orders to Canada, everything was without problems... ;D

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2015, 03:21:23 AM »
Hi Eric and Gregory,

Btw. the lozenge is meant for the Hannover CL.II/III's centre wing sections, where hand painted lozenge was applied. This had not been mentioned explicitly so far.  I am really keen on seeing the final result in person.

Of course feel free to contact me any time in case of questions or support needed, will be happy to help.

Cheers

Ondra

Thats good news.  I understand that the undersides of Hannover wing center sections were also painted with lozenge.  Will there be development of colors that will work for the undersides of the aircraft, too?
Honor Necessity

Offline von Mertens

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:58 AM »
Certainly! It is in development!

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
Certainly! It is in development!

Okay, I'm impressed!
Honor Necessity

Offline ondra

« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2015, 04:05:30 AM »
Talking about the hand painted lozenge, Hellboy asked me today to post the photos from his testing on these paints.

The colours have not been lightened up to scale in order to show the basic shade.

These are the five shades:

Here comparison with Aviattic lozenge:

And here with weathered HGW lozenge:

Many thanks in advance for your comments and thoughts.

Cheers

Ondra

Offline James

Authentic color Drooling Bulldog
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2015, 06:04:50 AM »
Ondra and Von Mertens, any plans on making Gotha Blue? It would be awesome for folks like myself who plan on building the Wingnut Gotha someday.

Thanks
James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2015, 02:04:56 PM »
Hi Eric and Gregory,

many thanks for your interest in the DB colours.

@Eric Armstrong: ...Sergey and Hellboy work on PC 8 research.

Of course feel free to contact me any time in case of questions or support needed, will be happy to help.

Cheers

Ondra

What was PC 8?  I have not heard of this color.  I am a relative novice on RFC colors from the Great War.  When was it used? and  on what was it used?
Honor Necessity

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
Ondra and Von Mertens, any plans on making Gotha Blue? It would be awesome for folks like myself who plan on building the Wingnut Gotha someday.

Thanks
James Sontag

James, I don't pretend to know or have any superior knowledge on the subject, but two (2) of those special lozenge colors for the Hannover sure look like they could pass for LVG purple and blue, permitting the building of an LVG Gotha.  You are no doubt talking about the overall light color used on Gotha, built machines.
Honor Necessity

Offline James

Authentic color Drooling Bulldog
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Eric, yep, I'm talking about the overall light color on the Gotha built aircraft.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline ondra

« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
Hi everybody,

I am back with some good news, the first parcel with DB paints has reached Australia via airmail!

Now the point we have to find a solution for:

- shipping to Australia via mail (i. e. by ship) can take up to 6 months  :o
- via airmail we are able to achieve delivery time of 3-4 weeks, but...

...shipping via mail costs app. 32 AUD per parcel (but who wants to wait for a parcel for half a year, right?), in case of airmail we even talk about 56 AUD. Bernie (Sergey's Bulldog and our mascot) was not very happy to hear that - see the picture. :)

In the next step we are going to check the shipping costs in terms of weight limits, as it would make sense to send bundled orders - we have to find out the threshold from which on the shipping costs are higher.

I will keep you up-dated.

To your questions:
- PC 8 is a paint used by RFC in early years of WWI (1915) and is assumed to have been used e. g. on Bristol Scouts. I am not very deep into this topic so I only have very basic knowledge, I will ask Hellboy to provide more info.
- Gotha blue - I will meet Sergey next week in person and mention this, I will come back with an answer asap. ;)

Cheers

Ondra

Offline FarEast

« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
Hi Eric and Gregory,

many thanks for your interest in the DB colours.

@Eric Armstrong: ...Sergey and Hellboy work on PC 8 research.

Cheers

Ondra

What was PC 8?  I have not heard of this color.  I am a relative novice on RFC colors from the Great War.  When was it used? and  on what was it used?

PC8 was a colour used by the RFC when they moved away from CDL and started to camouflage their aircraft - it was more of a dirty beige than anything else and was later over painted with PC10.

Offline Hellboy

« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
The PC8 is probably little more complicated. Sometimes this is called a color that was used on British aircraft before using PC10. But under this designation occurs on some instructions Wingnut Wings. I think it was a green color similar to the technique used on the ground. We're trying to trace more infotmace about it.
Great War Aviation SIG - Czech Republic

Offline FarEast

« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »
It was a field applicated tinted dope varnish with no real exact application. There is reference to ground grew mixing dirt, oil and other 'pigments to achieve a basic camouflage.

Once the uniformed PC10 was made available most surviving aircraft still in service were field dressed in the new colour.thus is why you see photos of DH.2 AND F.E2b aircraft with patchwork camp.

Offline von Mertens

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2015, 01:16:25 AM »
 :)