Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 367138 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
Save me from myself!  ;D
Oh yes!

Von WingNutter

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
Lookin' forward to seeing what you do with these two kits Bob.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »
My latest deliveries, the Wingnuts Fe.2b which I hope to do as the night bomber . . .

While I have the early version, I'm looking forward to seeing your build log on this.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
Hi Chris,
 I will be doing Carl Degelow and the man, Barker  ;)
When I get the chance, of course!

Cheers,
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
My latest deliveries, the Wingnuts Fe.2b which I hope to do as the night bomber, the Valom 1:144 scale Sopwith Pup, I will be doing a review of this tiny kit, and the Top Studio 1:12 scale detail motor bike roller chain to add to my Huck Starter.
Des.
So glad you were finally able to get hold of that chain, Des!  I'm really looking forward to seeing your Huck Starter finished.  Also looking forward to seeing your Fee build.  Like Chris, I also have the early version, but haven't yet worked up the gumption to jump up a scale.  Maybe your build will be the one to push me over the edge.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:01 AM »
Save me from myself!  ;D
Oh yes!

Von WingNutter

Great score, Bobby me boy!  Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »
Ever since getting back into the hobby almost 4 years ago, I've been looking for the elusive Jager Miniatures 1/48 scale Albatros D.XII, AEG J.II and the Albatros J.I.  Back when Brad Cancian built his brilliant Albatros C.X with build logs on Aeroscale and the 'drome, I became obsessed with wanting to build that one, as well, and a few weeks later, managed to score one on ebay.  However, I lost bids on the others on the rare occasions when they became available.  Luckily for me, over the past couple months, the kind members of this forum and GWITA came forward and offered to sell me the AEG J.II and the Albatros J.I at very fair prices.  Thank you Barry and Tim! 

The only one remaining was the one I coveted most, the Albatros D.XII.  Only 150 made.  My odds were slim.  Then just a couple weeks ago, I spotted one on ebay.  I immediately bid the maximum amount I was willing to pay (I'm too embarrassed to tell you how much that was) and 7 days later, I won her for half my maximum bid.  She arrived today. 

I'm in hog heaven.  I think she's my next build after the Halberstadt twins clear the bench.  My ultimate goal is to build all of the Albatros experimental fighters in 1/48 scale.  I'll have to polish up my scratch building skills.
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:53:43 PM by coyotemagic »

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
Congrats Bud! ;D  I know how great it must feel, having finally found those elusive limited run kits.  I can't think of anyone who will do these rare birds justice more than you.  I'm looking forward with great anticipation to these builds! :)

Regards,

Bob

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Hi Bud,

It's great that you've managed to grab these kits; firstly because I know that you'll BUILD them, second that you'll do them justice and finally that you are still ploughing on, "keeping faith" with 48th scale. More power to you! If you haven't got Jack Herris' book on the German armoured aircraft, it is something you need to secure!!

Rowan
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
Thank you for you confidence in me, Bob and Rowan.  I'm itchin' to get going on all three of them, but the D.XII will be first.
Oh, yes, Rowan!  I've got Jack's book and it is awesome.  I look through it daily, trying to figure out what scheme to do.  I've settled on the AEG J.II with loz fuselage and wings and the stylized '7' on the side.  Now to cobble up some decals.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »
Well done, Bud -

Pleased you managed to get hold of what you wanted at long last.

I know 1/48 is your scale of choice and have no doubt (as with your usual high standard of workmanship) you will make a grand job putting these kits together.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:05 AM »
My Taurus Oberursel UI, spark plugs and manifold nuts arrived. Being over excited about the motor the UI part didnt catch my attention. I was thinking UII. Im going to sell off this engine for $20US plus shipping. Jadar is selling it for $26.39US plus shipping.. I will post in the buy/sell/swap section.

Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »
Yahoo - My late Snipe arrived!!

Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
Im actually, hard as it may be to believe, working on the Pup. That might be a build log although theres already been a couple or three.

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »
Can never have enough Pups, Steve.  Let's have a peek at that puppy.
Cheers,
Bud