Author Topic: New Wingnut Wings kit introduced at Nuremberg Toy Fair! And it is a ...  (Read 27187 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: New Wingnut Wings kit introduced at Nuremberg Toy Fair! And it is a ...
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
I think I'll go into hiding!

RigginglikeAHero   ;D

Bucklemania!!!  I's better get my order ready Bob--you're going to be one very busy young man, methinks. ;D

Regards,

Bob

I'm taking 5 weeks off from 16th Feb! Back to normal in late March.

Von B  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jim

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

Guessing the wheels are same / similar to those on the Alb B.II -- PE.  They build up pretty ok.

Pricing -- no announcements AFAIK, but this was a big plane! And who knows whether they will include linen decals, etc...

My guess is $129...

Thanks Bo.

I also noticed the Camel kits have "shipping now" or something similar attached to their boxes. Has anyone who ordered a kit thru a stockist other than Weta received shipping confirmation yet? I only ask as it seems the kits still can't be ordered from Weta's website and wondered if stocks have arrived to anyone else.
Woof!

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 10:11:53 PM »
Wow, great news. I hoped that they will build a Taube, now it comes truth.
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline chris_jephcott

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »
Pop goes my wallet. Beautiful stuff!

How can I get those past my wife???

Chris
Currently building: WNW Hansa-Brandenburg W29

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 02:22:12 AM »
Those wings must be.... .010 or .015 thick?

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2017, 02:49:59 AM »

Guessing the wheels are same / similar to those on the Alb B.II -- PE.  They build up pretty ok.

Pricing -- no announcements AFAIK, but this was a big plane! And who knows whether they will include linen decals, etc...

My guess is $129...

Thanks Bo.

I also noticed the Camel kits have "shipping now" or something similar attached to their boxes. Has anyone who ordered a kit thru a stockist other than Weta received shipping confirmation yet? I only ask as it seems the kits still can't be ordered from Weta's website and wondered if stocks have arrived to anyone else.

Nope - nobody has stock yet. Best estimate is middle/end of March.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 03:13:06 AM »
Camels are in Stock @ Sprue Bros, along with a few other WNW kits...

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 04:28:31 AM »
Nice surprise!

Out of curiosity and knowing pretty much nothing about Taubes (other than nearly all German manufactureres built them patent-free), is a Jeannin Taube much different from an Albatros built one?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2017, 04:43:44 AM »
They are all different - even airframes from the same manufacturer. Fun fun fun!

Right! -- in a sense "Taube" almost denotes a style of airplane, versus an exact pattern. Almost.

Which is one reason why I figured WNW wouldn't touch it with a 25-foot pole. In fact I had started tentatively working on a 1/32 Taube last year for Flugzeugwerke. (just starting collecting research, really.) Glad I didn't sink any more time into that!

It'll be really interesting to see how much variation WNW has kitted...

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2017, 04:58:38 AM »
Well, let's hope they take a DFV C.V approach in which you get all sort of extra sprues for all the different factories that built those :)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
Gorgeous! This is a great surprise! Makes up for so many Camels at Christmas  ;D

A couple more photos: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2017/Bilder_VH/Wingnut_Wings_07.htm , http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2017/Bilder_VH/Wingnut_Wings_10.htm

Those wings!!!!
Zac in NZ

Offline Manfred_L

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »
Lovely Taube, but I still want a WNW Halbi CLII  ;D

Offline tomcervo

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2017, 01:23:12 AM »
They are all different - even airframes from the same manufacturer. Fun fun fun!

Right! -- in a sense "Taube" almost denotes a style of airplane, versus an exact pattern. Almost. Which is one reason why I figured WNW wouldn't touch it with a 25-foot pole.

I'm afraid that rule only applies to French A/C. On Britmodeller they're positing that the flood of Camels is meant to make up the shortfall from the Felixstowes--everyone saw the incredible builds and rushed out to buy  . . . the Roden kits. You'd think a Spad XIII would be a license to print money, but Sir Peter remains a Francophobe.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2017, 01:46:44 AM »

Right! -- in a sense "Taube" almost denotes a style of airplane, versus an exact pattern. Almost. Which is one reason why I figured WNW wouldn't touch it with a 25-foot pole.

I'm afraid that rule only applies to French A/C. On Britmodeller they're positing that the flood of Camels is meant to make up the shortfall from the Felixstowes--everyone saw the incredible builds and rushed out to buy  . . . the Roden kits. You'd think a Spad XIII would be a license to print money, but Sir Peter remains a Francophobe.

And, what did they get? A Roden kit, most of which likely won't get built either. Yes, I have a Wingnut Wings Felixstowe. It's big, it's complex and will be an extremely satisfying build throughout the months it will require. Each to his or her own.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Online petrov27

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2017, 03:06:48 AM »

Not sure that is totally fair...
1. WNW originally stated they did not want to do kits where there is already a decent kit existing and available in 1/32 - given there are existing kits of the N11, N16, N17, N23, N27, N28, Spad 7 and Spad 13 in 1/32.... That said, due to pressure from fans, they did do a Camel, so who knows maybe in the future we will see some of these French subjects but its clear that initially those were not subjects WNW was going to consider....
2. Salmson 2A2....

-Patrick