Author Topic: 1/32 SPAD XIII c1 decals  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Gutzer

1/32 SPAD XIII c1 decals
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:11:50 PM »
Looking at the Roden 1/32 SPAD XIII c1 as a possible future addition, where can I find good replacement decals?
Perth, Western Australia

"One must overcome the inner Schweinehund."  The Baron.

Online RAGIII

Re: 1/32 SPAD XIII c1 decals
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »
Sadly there isn't much out there. Ken found one from FFSMC:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12387.0

One thing to note is that the squadron Markings from the kit are OK and Mine didn't crack or fail to conform to the surface. So if you like any of the kit schemes only the roundels would Need replacing. Personally I think the aftermarket Folks are really Dropping the ball on a good kit. All that is needed is a little PE, Instruments, and of course some Different Marking Options. I Miss Pheon and Hope Rowan gets Well Soon!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Gutzer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 02:32:38 PM »
That is a shame.  What would you recommend to replace the French roundels, any cartograph ones or similar quality?

Any other aftermarket?

Peter
Perth, Western Australia

"One must overcome the inner Schweinehund."  The Baron.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 11:39:18 PM »
That is a shame.  What would you recommend to replace the French roundels, any cartograph ones or similar quality?

Any other aftermarket?

Peter

Nothing I am aware of  :(  The Old Hobby Craft decals work well if you can find someone with a set. Perhaps ask on the Spare Parts board on this Forum. Otherwise the best option is using a mask to paint the roundels. Bob of Bobs Buckles does excellent masks if you aren't comfortable doing them yourself. When I built My Almost OOB SPAD I used the British roundels from the Roden kit just to see how they worked. Although Not Perfect they weren't as Badly Inked as they looked on the sheet. They did conform to details and didn't crack or break.

RAGIII

PS: The French Roundels in the kit are much worse due to the dark ring as well as the sparse white inking.

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 07:20:47 AM »
I'm working with someone to get masks done for the rudder flash and roundels on my Roden SPAD as I have nothing in my spares that will do the job. I didn't even think to look at aftermarket!
Zac in NZ