Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366742 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1815 on: August 05, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »
Wow guys , impressive hauls all around . Haven't added much to my . Not much for me of late except I have been adding more of the Vallejo Air range of paints and some of their weathering products . Only kits of late has been Hasegawa new tool 32 scale A6M5c followed with Tamiya Arado 196 which were impulse buy ( it has floats ! )  . Just had to have the Zero which needed seatbelts and better barrels for the guns , so those are on order .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline jknaus

« Reply #1816 on: August 09, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »
I got these eyebrow brushes from Amazon. They are just like the Micro Brushes from the hobby shops but way cheaper.

100 for $4.50 and 3 different sizes. So three sets of each.

They are here if interested.  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01B46LRRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
James

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1817 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:17 AM »
Well, I've cleared my desktop of all links, updated and restarted the computer and logged out and logged back in - I'll have another go.

I've inserted and previewed the images first - they are visually normal size and the album is 'shared' - I just hope this works this time  ::)

As said earlier finding these somewhat made up for the lack of flying. All were well below list price and then further offered as 'half the marked price'. Much too good to resist  :D.

This was also too good to resist at £7 - near mint too

Then going back for a second rummage the 'icing'  - long out of print and very opportune as the Trumpeter 32nd scale Flogger is my next jet project.

If this doesn't work (and my sincere apologies for yet another duff post if it doesn't)  I really don't know what else I can do - If it does then I'll pop some pics of the event up later

Fingers crossed
Regards - Tug

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1818 on: August 11, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »
Well I can see it as posted  :) :) :)  but can you ?

Tug

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1819 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »
Yes Tug it is posted and what a great collection of reading material, you did very well with your purchases. I also have the Jane's Fighting Aircraft of WW1, it is an excellent book and you got it for an exceptionally good price.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1820 on: August 11, 2016, 08:25:58 AM »
Oh that's great Des - you don't know what a relief that is - well yes, of course, I'm sure you must ;)

Yes I was well pleased with all of them. The datafile on the Morane was a good find. I tried for one on ebay some time back but was well outbid. (Many years back I scratch built a 1/72 version using Harry Woodmans techniques when first described in ''Scale Models' wow - that was some time back) Who knows a 1/32 may one day materialise  ;)

Really glad I'm back up and running - it was quite a concern

Regards - Tug

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1821 on: August 11, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
     Now I see them all as well Tug, what a haul. My Jane's cost me a little more then yours, (well, maybe quite a bit more!), you made out like the proverbial "bandit" on this!
   Very pleased you got your photo problem sorted out, it can be a bit of a show stopper!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1822 on: August 12, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »
Hello All

Not only does 12 August mark the start of the grouse shooting season for the toffs etc in the UK, but it's also my birthday...

Lucky me has received (besides other things) a subscription to Cross & Cockade from Ena and later today she'll confirm the pre-order at Aviattic for the much anticpated Balilla.

From the children I have received a copy of the brilliant Cross & Cockade/RAF Museum joint venture book on the Sopwith Dolphin; it is very highly recommended. I guess we all know that the lovely Copper State Models Dolphin has major problems around the tail surfaces because the then designers based their work on the Wyliam drawings. Comparison with the Datafile plans are alarming. Now I'll be able to see how the Datafile plans match up to this later research.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #1823 on: August 12, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »
Yes Nigel, a Happy Birthday indeed  :).

The Dolphin book is a stunner and lucky you too with the Balilla to boot. Sounds like you are off to a good start - have a nice day for the rest of it.

Regards - Tug 

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1824 on: August 12, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »
    All the "Very Best" wishes for your Birthday, Nigel. :) Great presents, I'm envious!
Hope you enjoyed your special day.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #1825 on: August 12, 2016, 09:22:04 PM »
Best wishes on your birthday, my old friend Nigel.  I hope it
is a wonderful day for you!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #1826 on: August 12, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »
Best wishes for your birthday and enjoy your presents!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1827 on: August 13, 2016, 12:47:35 AM »
Dear Justin, Tug, Lance, Ernie and Antonio

Thank you all for your birthday greetings.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1828 on: August 18, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »
Two new kits landed at my door today, the Resicast 1:35 scale Ford T model ambulance and the CSM M.5 1:48 scale seaplane

Des.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:59:10 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #1829 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
I don't own the CSM kit, but I am sure that it's great as always. But I own the Ford-T ambulance and this is really a wonderful kit. I think it's incredible, what this Messieur made out of it: http://warpaints.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=612&sid=dc334f3cf5ce27aa4758320c02dd3035&start=30
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.