Author Topic: Glencoe 1:48 Oeffag D.III  (Read 9687 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Glencoe 1:48 Oeffag D.III
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
...the tension mounts.....looking forward to the updates. Dont you hate it when the real world gets in the way?

Steve

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
How selfish of life to get in the way, lol

Regards :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline ta152c

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
Some progress, Eduard tailfin on the ser.153, interiors painted, pilot figure too.

On the right is the Aviatik D.I, all paint used was acrylic. I also began painting the figures that Gregory kindly sent me. They are quite nice,
some flash, but see what you think. Once again, acrylics. You can see my palette in the background.

In general, there is a lot of gap-filling to be done, but the Eduard additions do enhance the shapes. The seat you can see still needs support rods fitted (just put it there to let it be seen), cockpit needs more detail, guns (153), instrument panels, control columns.

Sadly, not much will be seen if the pilot figure goes in, in fact, once assembled you won't see much in the Aviatik either :(

Once its done, should be faster progress.

Not the best pictures, but you get the idea.

There you go :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:45:47 PM by ta152c »
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
Great return post!!!! The figures look very nice and the interiors are rounding out nicely.

Steve

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:58 AM »
This is shaping up rather nicely.
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline ta152c

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
Hello. More work, starting with ser.153 and showing the gun blast tubes on this version. Does look much better now.

Crew figures, note the cheap acrylics :) These are the ones that came with the Glencoe kits, and are very good, with potential for converting arms etc. Colours on the uniforms are over-bright, but will get toned down with washes. Looks as if the Austrian figure at the rear is giving a Nazi salute, not intentional.

Workshop, the SVA.5 is just basic interior and scribed louvres and engine covers. Lots to do still.

I'm going to use the Glencoe guns for the ser.153, as you can't see anything except the padded butts (lol) when the cowling is on. I'll replace the blast tubes with suitable tubing. After a bit of work with files and a few additions from plastic strip, the Glencoe guns look quite good. Not Eduard standard, but decent enough. Gave them a coat of gunmetal and a black wash, will drybrush tomorrow. Still unsure if I should use the pilot figures, they'll hide all the interior detail -won't fit in the seats either. The sharper-eyed amongst us may see the Morane interior in situ. Apologies for the dreadful photos as usual.

There you go :)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:11:36 AM by ta152c »

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 03:15:54 AM »
The factory is back up and running!!!!!

Steve

Offline ta152c

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »
I am enjoying these kits, but, had I not had the Eduard parts it would have been more difficult. Still, getting there. More importantly, the basic shapes are good.

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
The factory is back up and running!!!!!

Steve

No doubt, mass production.
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
Great Thread to follow.....lots happening and all developments and results of top notch quality!
Cheers,
Lance :)

Offline ta152c

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
Thanks!

Still more to go though, will be posting soon. Still a vacform Phonix D.I and UFAG C.I to finish off too.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
  David,
Excellent progress my friend. Glad to see you've put the Glencoe figures to such good use.Looking forward to seeing more.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
....Still more to go though, will be posting soon. Still a vacform Phonix D.I and UFAG C.I to finish off too....

Your a machine Dave!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline ta152c

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »
A very slow machine. I've got to get these finished so I can move on to other stuff. Future kits will be a lot quicker!

I'n looking forward to doing the SVA.5, it has a lovely shape. It has just a basic interior, fuselage stringers and uprights. Lots of work to do on it.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »
Agree with you on the SVA.5 -- really beautiful airplane.