Author Topic: The Special Hobby Grand Giveaway  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: The Special Hobby Grand Giveaway
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2021, 08:32:47 PM »
Our thanks to those who have entered the Special Hobby Grand Giveaway and we look forward to more entries for the kits on offer and also the bonus modelling aids in this promotion.

Just to  refresh, each winner of a kit also receives a CMK razor saw and multi surface sanding stick.

These are fantastic modelling aids and are highly recommended.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 11:37:04 PM »
Thanks to you and Special Hobby Dave! The razor saw and sanding stick look great.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 06:11:32 PM »
I would like to make a (1/32 or 1/48 scale) Special Hobby kit because it's something I have stashed but not yet built (not completed, at least...)  ::)
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 07:41:46 PM »
I would love to have the time to build all the Special Hobby kits in my stash very soon, especially my MS Bullet, my P-36 and my Westland Whirlwind. But  I must also be a realist, so I need to admit it won‘t happen in the nearer future. I wish all the winners of this giveaway a good luck with their kits and I am sure you will enjoy building them!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
Hi
I would like to do a Special Hobby 1/32 kit because I haven’t done one and saw an interesting scheme for post war Bristol Bullet.
That being said I’m happy to do any kit available in 1/32 out of the box. Also I don’t have a razor saw yet- I know crazy. So that would be a treat.   ;D :D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline fruibal

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2021, 06:43:01 AM »
I would like to build a 1/32 scale " Special Hobby Kit" because it quenches my personal fetish for WW1 airplanes. I will strive to build a beautiful SH airplane if I won one and my favorite airplane would be a Phonix or Pfalz machine, without taking credits away for the other models

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2021, 11:29:30 AM »
C'mon folks, this is a great opportunity and an excellent give away - let's get some more entries and enthusiasm up in here!

Offline Edo

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »
even though I understand what you are sayng, Brad, thinking selfishly the less entries the more opportunity for me to win!  ;D
sooooo.... ush, ush... don’t spread the word too much!!!

ciao
edo

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »
I would like to make a 1/32 Fokker DII Special Hobby kit because... when I grow up, I want it to look like Borsos'!
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9180.0

But I'll settle for it to look half as good, though :)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 05:12:51 AM »
    Perfect good sense edo, however like Brad I believe we can do much better on this with very little effort! With the number and quality of prizes committed to this give away we owe the sponsor a show of thanks and appreciation for their support of the Forum. Our population needs to continue to support the businesses, large and small, that support our little "backwater" in the Hobby of Model Building to make their investments worth the effort less they be forced to seek returns elsewhere. These are great kits and the bread and butter of our leisure pursuits! "Hell's Bells", if I can do this at my age with shaking arthritic fingers, failing eyesight, and the info retention features of a Heinz pickle with a SH Kit just imagine what you could produce from one of these great prizes!?

Draft a few lines, (But leave room for edo to win  ;) ) and let's keep our little niche open and active!
Cheers,
Lance

even though I understand what you are sayng, Brad, thinking selfishly the less entries the more opportunity for me to win!  ;D

ciao
edo

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 07:22:08 AM »
    Perfect good sense edo, however like Brad I believe we can do much better on this with very little effort! With the number and quality of prizes committed to this give away we owe the sponsor a show of thanks and appreciation for their support of the Forum. Our population needs to continue to support the businesses, large and small, that support our little "backwater" in the Hobby of Model Building to make their investments worth the effort less they be forced to seek returns elsewhere. These are great kits and the bread and butter of our leisure pursuits! "Hell's Bells", if I can do this at my age with shaking arthritic fingers, failing eyesight, and the info retention features of a Heinz pickle with a SH Kit just imagine what you could produce from one of these great prizes!?

Draft a few lines, (But leave room for edo to win  ;) ) and let's keep our little niche open and active!
Cheers,
Lance

ciao
edo

That is a beautiful effort Lance and one I'd love to emulate!!
I have already entered so I suppose multiple entries are out of the question?? ;D ;D ;) ;) 8) 8)
Eternal Apprentice

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 05:17:18 AM »
I would enter, but I just can't commit to building anything at the moment.
All I can do is wish each and everyone of you GOOD LUCK and God Speed!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 06:08:17 AM »
Well, let me join, too.
 I would like to win any of 32nd scale Special Hobby kits because it would be a nice company to the only SH kit in my collection - the 72nd scale Lloyd C.V which build I remember as a great experience. And such a model would definitely make me respect SH kits much more, what they surely deserve.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 06:20:17 AM »
I would like to win a Special Hobby 1/32 or 1/48 kit because it would get my butt in gear to build and FINISH something AND force me to learn how to post my progress pictures.

Steve

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
I would like to win a Special Hobby kit to replace the lovely Bullet or Bristol that lie ruined on my shelf - casualties of my move back from o/s 😪

https://i.imgur.com/phaxR5r.jpg