Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366212 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:11 PM »
As far as I know there are no custom fees or charges to parcel entering the US or Australia. The people in the UK cop it pretty bad with two lots of fees and charges, Europe I don't know about and Canada has a hit and miss system with some parcels being hit with a charge while the majority of others miss out.

In Australia we can import goods to the value of $1000 before there are any charges added.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
We've had to pay VAT (20%) and a release fee for Parcelforce (approx £8 per order) every time.  The latest transaction hasn't been processed by Parcelforce properly yet (the money has come off my partner's credit card) so unless they sort it out soon my Tripe will be on the way back to NZ :(

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:57 AM »
 Nice haul my friend. Looks like you'll soon have a Pfalz D.XII project up and running shortly.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Merry Christmas to You and Yours
" What Me Worry"

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:47 PM »
WNW Fokker D.VII (Alb) version arrived today, as a gift :)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »
Got my Kagero 3D Fokker DVII book. No cool 3D glasses and pics but amazing info and detail drawings.

Steve

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »
I received three sets of Costa's Type C turnbuckles in 1/32 and also Radu's Laminated Propeller Mask over the last week or so.  I'll try the former when I'm up at the farm this weekend.

However, I put all my kits (bar the WNW "Duellists" kit and the J.1 I'm building) on a shelf in the study.  At the start of the year I had six (6) WWI kits.  Now I have 20......  The AModel kit is Chainant's Nieuport 16c and the HC kits are the Spad XIII and a Clerget Camel.

Now to convince The Missus that I need time to build all these.

Cheers.

Dal.

PS Don't tell Gary (trackpad) about the Spitfire- he gets upset.  :D

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
Now to convince The Missus that I need time to build all these.

Well, if you'd quite lazing away on the beach watching the scenery walk by, you'd get much more done.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
Impressive stash Dal!  SWMBO had me buy a couple of shelf units and she wants me to put all of my unbuilt kits on one of them to see how many I have.  :o  I think I'm in trouble.  ;)

Regards,

Bob

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
  Dal,
Impressive stash even with the Spitfire My old friend. Plenty to keep you busy for a good while. As I kid you about having a Spit in the stash I'm sitting looking at mine with includes a lot of WW II , ships, cars and Gasp! a couple of Spitfires too.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #129 on: December 25, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »
G'day.

Chris, Well, if you'd quite lazing away on the beach watching the scenery walk by, you'd get much more done.

Are you jealous? :D  Guilty as charged, Sir!  Or I would be if the weather would improve.  Still, it has helped the progress of the J.1, so can I ask for bail?

Bob, SWMBO had me buy a couple of shelf units and she wants me to put all of my unbuilt kits on one of them to see how many I have. I think I'm in trouble.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that, mate.  Methinks I've committed a grave tactical error.... :-\

Gregory, As I kid you about having a Spit in the stash I'm sitting looking at mine with includes a lot of WW II , ships, cars and Gasp! a couple of Spitfires too.

It's alright, mate, I won't tell Gary.  I admit to a lasting fondness for the Spitfire.  And if ever anyone does a decent 1/32 Beaufighter I'll be happier than the Fokker D.VII fans were recently.

Dekenba, If I put all my kits on a shelf, two things would happen:

1. The shelf would break;
2. I'd be divorced.

Probably a good idea, mate.  Divorce is messy and can be expensive.  That's a good collection of aftermarket stuff you have there, to.  Will be doing a couple of reviews for us?

Cheers.

Dal. 

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2012, 04:36:17 AM »
   Had to share this; all found under the Christmas Tree this morning. I'll remember this as the "Great Fokker Christmas" always. From a WWI Aircraft Modeller's perspective it couldn't get much better. Think I owe SWMBO a big hug and a thanks for getting the kids briefed!

That's now 11 WNW Kits in the Stash and one on the Bench in progress; once I have a DH2 I'll have to lay back for a while (at least until/if the Snipe gets released!)
Cheers,
Lance :) :) :)

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »
PS Don't tell Gary (trackpad) about the Spitfire- he gets upset.  :D

Me? Upset? Far from it. I'm just interested that you mix in the odd Spit with the plethora of WNW kits in your stash. Plus which, one of my uncles flew Spits in WW2. Plus which, again, it makes a very fine ale...

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Build!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:50:11 AM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2012, 07:20:10 AM »
G'day.

It's alright, mate, I won't tell Gary.  I admit to a lasting fondness for the Spitfire.

Cheers.

Dal.

What a guy!!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
WNW Fokker EII/EIII under my tree this morning from SWMBO :)  Along with a Revell 1930s Rolls Royce car, a Revell London Bus (huge box!) and the re-released Airfix Bentley Blower from other family, all classic kits I had my eye on.

I must try not to buy too many more kits this year, last year my stash grew more than I built, and I finished 6 models.  I now have 6 WNW in the stash, the Eindecker, Tripe, D.VII (Alb), DVa, Pfalz D.XII and Roland.  I had thought about picking up a few more before they go out of production - SE5a, Brisfit, RNAS Pup, and I had thought about a Rumpler and the Hannover too - but the space between the top of my wardrobe and the bedroom ceiling is almost all taken already....

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
Thanks to my family, I had the best Christmas one could hope for. All are in good health, and everyone was here at home. It just doesn't get any better than that. Well  . . . it actually does as I was the recipient of the following.

The DH2 and D.VII (OAW) from WnW were a real bonus from the kids, and my wife took care of the AFVs. As you might have guessed, I'm also interested in the American Civil War and I have enough reading on hand in that regard for the winter months and well into 'sitting on the deck' weather too.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.