Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366227 times)

Offline ondra

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1380 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »
YEEEEESSSS!!!   :) Just arrived from Bavaria.

:).  Quite the jump in scale buddy :)
That's true, Bo. ;) Facing the fact that even after building 15 models my showcase looks pretty empty, it is time to bring out the big boys. :)

To speak frankly, this kit is not primarily meant for me to build. One very good friend of mine has been longing for the LVG for a long time (he belongs to the unfortunate ones who had not ordered in time when the kit was still available). A few weeks ago he lost his job and can not afford this purchase currently. But when I spotted the opportunity, I just ordered the kit by myself and as soon as he has found a new job and is back to good financial condition, the LVG will be waiting for him. ;)

Cheers

Ondra

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1381 on: July 24, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »

To speak frankly, this kit is not primarily meant for me to build. One very good friend of mine has been longing for the LVG for a long time (he belongs to the unfortunate ones who had not ordered in time when the kit was still available). A few weeks ago he lost his job and can not afford this purchase currently. But when I spotted the opportunity, I just ordered the kit by myself and as soon as he has found a new job and is back to good financial condition, the LVG will be waiting for him. ;)

Cheers

Ondra

Wow, that's very nice of you, Ondra! Your friend is very lucky to have you as a friend. :D

George

Offline ondra

« Reply #1382 on: July 25, 2015, 03:51:30 AM »
Thank you for the compliment, George, but I have to say that this guy is sort of my modelling mentor and he taught me so much and gave me so many advices that I can barely ever pay it back. Therefore I do not perceive this a big deal. :)

Last but not least, we WWI fans are all one team and team members help each other. ;)

Originally the kit was meant to be a gift but he would not accept a present of this value.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1383 on: July 25, 2015, 06:53:36 AM »
Greetings from Bavaria, Ondra ;)

So, my 10-year-old trusty Kawasaki racehorse may retire.

Just ordered an Italian racebike................I must admit it, I love Italian cars and bikes 8)

Ride safe, Bertl.
BVB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Verbeek

« Reply #1384 on: July 26, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »
A lot of nice  stuff arrived by a lot of you gents.
Those are mine, buy them yesterday:

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Verbeek

« Reply #1385 on: July 27, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »
Just got this;

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #1386 on: August 03, 2015, 04:00:07 AM »
This week I have added these:

The Roland must be a really old kit, being in a bag and all.

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #1387 on: August 03, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
Nice haul Squiffy,you will love winged victory as it was widely read by WW2 pilots for its truthfulness.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #1388 on: August 05, 2015, 01:59:00 AM »
I agree, Squiffy.  You're gonna love "Winged Victory".  True story, "only the names are changed".  Pick up on "Winged Victor, a Biography of Victor M. Yeates" by Gordon F. Atkin.  It's an ideal companion for "Winged Victory" giving all of the true names to the characters.  Both are excellent reads.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline jknaus

« Reply #1389 on: August 05, 2015, 03:22:30 AM »
Did alright today.

James

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1390 on: August 05, 2015, 06:30:34 AM »
James,
 If I'm no mistaken, you do alright everyday!  ;)
Good for you!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline jknaus

« Reply #1391 on: August 05, 2015, 08:45:40 AM »
shhhhhhhhh lol
I guess I do, but after all those years of working my butt off its nice to be able to afford some me stuff. Of course that will wind down with the exchange rate now, but I should have enough to keep me going for a millenium or two lol :)
James

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #1392 on: August 07, 2015, 01:43:00 AM »
I agree, Squiffy.  You're gonna love "Winged Victory".  True story, "only the names are changed".  Pick up on "Winged Victor, a Biography of Victor M. Yeates" by Gordon F. Atkin.  It's an ideal companion for "Winged Victory" giving all of the true names to the characters.  Both are excellent reads.
Cheers,
Bud
Did not know of "Winged Victor....Yeates"...I've read his book 3 times now. Unfortunately the cheapest used copies at Amazon of "Winged Victor" are going for 36.39 pounds and the only new one they have is 1000.00 UK...yeah, one thousand.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #1393 on: August 07, 2015, 02:07:15 AM »
I bought my copy a couple years ago from Cross and Cockade at a very reasonable price.  Apparently, they now offer it only as a PDF download.  Still, well worth the money.
http://www.crossandcockade.com/store/Product.asp?cat=51&id=248#sthash.g7FyrbL0.dpbs
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online macsporran

« Reply #1394 on: August 07, 2015, 03:03:34 AM »
Just in case anybody hasn't read it, can I also heartily recommend Sagittarius Rising by Cecil Lewis to this august gathering. (Always try to use the word august during August!)
Apologies to all who already know it, but if you don't, please read SR. It should be compulsory reading in schools I think.
Cecil Lewis was a giant personality, as well as a giant of a man. When the BBC were making The Great War series in the 60s, he was interviewed (and is still available on the BBC iPlayer,) by a very dolly young lady. She later said that she was used to speaking to these rather decrepit elderly veterans and had quite a shock when CL raced up in his sports car and promptly began to chat her up and ask her out!!!
In his nineties he visited Shuttleworth and got into their SE5a, saying he was sure he could take it up for a spin. What a guy!
S