Author Topic: Flickr problems - alternatives?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline lone modeller

Flickr problems - alternatives?
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:07:40 AM »
Evening All,

Now that Flickr have decided to follow in the footsteps of PB I am having to reload some of my images so that I do not eceed the 1000 limit on Flickr's site.

However I have tried to use Imgur but without success - in short I am unable to load the images that I want to. I cannot drag and drop images from the albums on my hard drive: if I press the browse button on thier upload page I am presented with a screen from my hard drive which takes me to my photo albums but I then have to wait for a VERY long time for them to load, if they load at all. I have looked at the tutorial from Hyperscale and that was of no use because it did not describe what was happening on my screen: I certainly could not drag and drop.

Can anyone direct me to a site which allows simple drag and drop uploading direct from my albums to the host site as per Flickr or PB? I am not going to post any more pictures and threads until I can get this problem sorted out as I do not want to have to reload all of the Flickr images. I will have to reload enough as it is, and I can only do that when I can find a host site that is useable by someone who does not have a degree in IT.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Stephen.

Offline krow113

Re: Flickr problems - alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:30:35 AM »
https://imgbb.com/
you can try...

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:03:38 AM »
Thanks Krow, I have also found this and will try to post a picture here:

This seems to be successful so I will now try to post an update for my current thread in scratchbuilds.

Keeping my fingers crossed....hope springs eternal!

Stephen.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
Hi Stephen

Des put me onto PostImage and they are my go-to photo host now.

https://postimages.org/

Simply create a free account then upload to albums you create from your PC or image source. Then it's a simple process to select images and upload to the forum.

If you like what you see I'm happy to do a walk through to help anyone select and upload images. All forum images I upload are via PostImage.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »
I use Flikr also, but my pics seem to post just fine?

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 03:28:11 AM »
Thanks Dave for the heads up on postimages. I may well try them in the near future. For the moment I am using Imgur, but they have a limited storage and the rate at which I load images I will not be long before I will need more space.

I may take up your offer on a walk through later - I am not the most computer savvy individual on the planert and I am afraid to write that I am not the most patient individual when it comes to technology either!

Stephen.

Offline IvotB

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
I have heard the flickr news too. Previously I have experienced the Photobucket problem. For Photobucket here an excellent add-on for some browsers was posted which worked for me. But recently I have seen that all my pictures seem to be shown again with a Photobucket overlay stating proudly hosted on Photobucket. So apart from the overlay my pictures can be seen again.

Is it true? Do others have thesame experience?

regards,
Ivo

P.S., if you can see this picture and you haven't installed the add-on it should be true

Offline Vicious

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 10:40:09 PM »
i desable the addon an i can still see it... :o

Offline Ryan

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 10:56:30 PM »
Test post, my little buddy.

My Pup by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup

Offline krow113

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
Yes
This thread on Kitmaker magically reappeared with their stupid logo on every pic.
http://kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=240355&page=1

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 03:44:51 AM »
Then how come my pic of my dog doesn't have it on there?

Because it's linked maybe?

Ryan

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 03:46:41 AM »
Never mind, I'm an idiot!

But I can post my Flikr pics with out problems.

Offline IvotB

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 08:52:38 AM »
Ryan,

You can post your dog without any problems, because it is on Flickr. It will remain like this if you don't have more than 1000 pictures on Flickr. If you want more you have to pay about 43 USD per year to be able to keep using Flickr for this purpose.

I just mentioned this Flickr problem in relation to the earlier problem with Photobucket. Photobucket refused to link any picture although already posted before unless you took a subscription. But now the older pictures seem to be up again but with a Photobucket overlay.

Perhaps this post is too much and you already got the message when I interpret your previous post  :) ;)

regards,
Ivo

Offline Ryan

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:00:15 PM »
No problem IVO, I was typing faster than I read the post.

Thank you for your explanation.