Author Topic: Hello to one and all  (Read 2613 times)

Offline KevTheModeller

Hello to one and all
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »
I'm a keen reborn again modeller, I returned to the hobby about 3 years ago after a 30 plus year break.  Like many of you returning after many years I was staggered as to how the hobby has moved on since I left it  :o 

I left as a teenager although I did have the odd dabble building Tamiya motorcycles into my early 20's.  Like many I started modelling seriously at the age of 10, brought on by my then Headmaster (who was a Spitfire pilot during WW2) who started an after school modelling club.  He also arranged a visit to the then very newly opened RAF museum in Hendon, I was hooked  :)

From there I got a very keen interest in WW1 aircaft spured on by the BBC TV series called Wings, I built just about every 1/72 model from Airfix and Revell that was available at the time.  As time moved on I got a paper round and finally could afford to buy Tamiya kits, which compared to Airfix and Revell were a revaluation.  I found a keen interest in armour until moving on to bikes in my late teens, When I returned and started off where I left off, building armour, then bikes, cars and my least build a WW2 bomber. 

I've now travelled full circle and I'm just about to start a Eduard 1/48 Albatros D.V, this will be a prelude to building my first WNW kit.             
Kev

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Hello to one and all
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 10:52:00 PM »
Welcome to the greatest Modelling Forum on the Web Kev, you'll find all the inspiration and information you need to get going again in the hobby right here, looking forward to your contributions.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »
Welcome Kev,you'll find plenty of information,help and support here if you want,and also a great way to pass more time than you should if you're anything like me.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
A huge welcome to you Kev. It's wonderful to have you here to share the fun of our hobby. I look forward to seeing your builds and feel free to ask any questions you like as we have an enormously talented and knowledgeable group of modellers here.

Cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »
Welcome Kev. I am looking forward to seeing your work and know you will find any info or help you need offered freely here!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 02:32:37 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 03:13:57 AM »
Welcome to the best forum on Earth, Kev!  Looking forward to seeing your D.V.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 03:46:28 AM »
Welcome, this is a great forum. Enjoy.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 04:33:35 AM »
Welcome Kev! You have found just the right forum to rekindle your interest in these wonderful old warplanes! Enjoy and ask lots of questions - we all learn from the great replies to them! Regards, Marc

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:30 PM »
Enjoy the forum!

Steve