Author Topic: Speculations WnW newsletter  (Read 4630 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: Speculations WnW newsletter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »
Personally:  I think the books were placed where they were because it was a handy place to put them while the desk had the models on it. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline pustota

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 01:52:39 AM »
What that ???  A Roland?
mailservice" border="0

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 02:37:37 AM »
What that ???  A Roland?

Looks like the Salmson/Otsu boxing

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 04:47:41 AM »
What that ???  A Roland?

Yes, you‘re right Juan, BUT, having looked at the high-resolution pic of that photo in my newsletter, I am quite sure that the kit on top of the box is a Pfalz D.IIIa without prop and spinner.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 05:12:07 AM »
What that ???  A Roland?

Yes, you‘re right Juan, BUT, having looked at the high-resolution pic of that photo in my newsletter, I am quite sure that the kit on top of the box is a Pfalz D.IIIa without prop and spinner.

You beat me to the answer. My thought was the Pfalz. The only thing that I was still studying was the interplane struts which looked a bit too parallel but I think that is the angle and lighting.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 06:13:30 AM »
That huge WNW logo is probably hiding all the really interesting stuff! :)

Offline mgunns

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »
If you look intently at the image, hidden behind the computer screen is a pair of wings, slightly sticking out to the right, that are probably attached to a model, and there appears to be a fuselage lying on it's side as well under the screen proper.  I don't think the model on the Salmson box is a Pfalz DIII.a, but I dont know what it is, it's definately German though.  I'm thinking it's a partially complete Halberstadt.  Not the canopy on the Lanc in the foreground, just PE framing.  It would appear that the modeler of the WNW Lanc is required to bend the photo etch framing prior to attaching to the canopy itself.  The same would appear for the dorsal turret.  Clearly behind the large Wingnut Wings Logo is a Breguet XIV.  If you look closely you can see the shadow of it through the logo. ;)
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
My opinion is that the books visible in the photo are put on that desk on one single purpose - just to raise our speculations. I would not take these books as any hint. There are books on Italian and French aircraft, the third one seems to be the bible on the Austro-Hungarian aircraft by Grosz, Schiemer and Haddow- all on the subjects up till now omitted by WNW. And simultaneously - dreamt of by many of us. I bet, they truly did it just to make fun of us reading our wildest dreams.  ;)
Still so, let me dream, even if it is only to please the WNW team :) Why not - they deserve it for all they have done to us in past years.
My dreams: Spad 13, Albatros D.III Oeffag and  Hanriot HD.1. But above all - my wildest dream is Friedrichshafen FF.33.

I'd be shocked if the books were planted merely to play with modelers or intentionally mislead in some manner.

This is a little, understaffed company and I'm sure everyone is quite busy.  I doubt they have the time or energy to dedicate to covert ops, but what do I know?

If the books represent what they are actually working on, that's great!

They are way overdue for more French and some Italian subjects.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »
My opinion is that the books visible in the photo are put on that desk on one single purpose - just to raise our speculations. I would not take these books as any hint. There are books on Italian and French aircraft, the third one seems to be the bible on the Austro-Hungarian aircraft by Grosz, Schiemer and Haddow- all on the subjects up till now omitted by WNW. And simultaneously - dreamt of by many of us. I bet, they truly did it just to make fun of us reading our wildest dreams.  ;)
Still so, let me dream, even if it is only to please the WNW team :) Why not - they deserve it for all they have done to us in past years.
My dreams: Spad 13, Albatros D.III Oeffag and  Hanriot HD.1. But above all - my wildest dream is Friedrichshafen FF.33.

I'd be shocked if the books were planted merely to play with modelers or intentionally mislead in some manner.

This is a little, understaffed company and I'm sure everyone is quite busy.  I doubt they have the time or energy to dedicate to covert ops, but what do I know?

If the books represent what they are actually working on, that's great!

They are way overdue for more French and some Italian subjects.

Why would WNW not have some fun? No maliciousness intended.
Me, I look at the question in this way. WNW is so well known for secrecy in their release announcements. Knowing this, I doubt they would allow for such a slip - posting a photo with clear hints of what they otherwise try to keep secret.
That is why I came to the conclusion stated in my previous post.

But then, what do I know?  :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.