Author Topic: Speculations WnW newsletter  (Read 4587 times)

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
Speculations WnW newsletter
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
Just a thought, did anyone spot the books lying on the desk in the last picture of the Halberstadt newsletter?
That is supposed to be the desk of the desinger of the latest models and lying on his desk are...

-French Aircraft of the First World War
-Italian Aces of World War 1
and I think the one in the middle is Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War I

let the big guessing game begin once more.

ps if this is the wrong topic, please let me know

Offline iwik

Re: Speculations WnW newsletter
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »
Hi y'all!
Yes! Just made the same remark on a french site!!!
Smells like a Hanriot HD1 or a Spad XIII! A WNW Nieuport is out for me since CSM is releasing one.
Ciao
Iwik

Offline Sylgu

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
Hello,

And it seems to me that the book placed underneath the pile, is the Windsock Datafile Special on Breguet 14...  ;)

S.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
What is interesting is that amid all the speculation today nobody seems to have noticed that the four special Wingnut reissues with pilot figures are now all available.

The Albatros D.V, Sopwith Triplane, DH2 and Fokker E.II are all available again at $US89 apiece with the resin ace figure included.

Between these, the Halberstadts, maybe another surprise from WnW plus those spectacular Nieuport 17s Copper State Models has on the way, 2018 could go down as one of the best ever for large scale modellers.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »
My opinion is that the books visible in the photo are put on that desk on one single purpose - just to raise our speculations. I would not take these books as any hint. There are books on Italian and French aircraft, the third one seems to be the bible on the Austro-Hungarian aircraft by Grosz, Schiemer and Haddow- all on the subjects up till now omitted by WNW. And simultaneously - dreamt of by many of us. I bet, they truly did it just to make fun of us reading our wildest dreams.  ;)
Still so, let me dream, even if it is only to please the WNW team :) Why not - they deserve it for all they have done to us in past years.
My dreams: Spad 13, Albatros D.III Oeffag and  Hanriot HD.1. But above all - my wildest dream is Friedrichshafen FF.33.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »
the books have gotten some attention in Facebook groups too.

... and people have noticed the Breguet XIV book...

at around 8,000 produced it's an important enough type... that's my bet for next announcement. that said, i haven't been right yet (unless you count "it isn't a DR.1").

Offline iwik

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
Could be the books to hit the trash can, being unwanted by Sir Himself!  :-\

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:06 PM »
     From Wingnut Wings past record regarding protection of information I'd bet Przemol is on the right track; they are "pulling our collective legs". That being said my logic this morning went down the same "Bunny Trail" and I think I've developed eye strain from trying to read those titles.......  That Oeffag D.III sounds real sweet! :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 04:34:48 AM »
Also, you can read the spines because they face the camera, so in fact to the person at the desk they are all . . . . upsidedown!
Not the orientation a book is left in if it has ever been read.

So I believe Przemol is nearly correct, but that work on the Sopwith Comic is proceeding apace. Please. . . ?

Marcus

Why you would need 3 different books for 3 different nations, if you have Lancaster on your bench to prepare it for us)
for 3d modelling you would need drawings, but not the books about aces)

Offline Borsos

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 04:49:37 AM »
I am just wondering how this speculation would develop if there were no aircraft books lying around but, let's say, Winnie the Pooh, Huckleberry Finn and ... Fifty Shades of Grey...
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 04:54:37 AM »
I am just wondering how this speculation would develop if there were no aircraft books lying around but, let's say, Winnie the Pooh, Huckleberry Finn and ... Fifty Shades of Grey...

Or Lord of the Rings... :)

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Beto

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 05:08:01 PM »
I also think they have put them there - with the spine facing to the camera - just to shake your souls. Unless I see a complete set of plans on the table I will not believe...

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
I did not see a newsletter, though I have seen the photo on Facebook.  How does one sign up for the letter?

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
I did not see a newsletter, though I have seen the photo on Facebook.  How does one sign up for the letter?

Since I had ordered from WnW directly, I receive their newsletter. But I think it's well possible to write a sinple e-mail to Richard Alexander of WnW. His adress can be found somewhere on WnW's homepage.
Cheers
Richard

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 04:33:59 AM »
My opinion is that the books visible in the photo are put on that desk on one single purpose - just to raise our speculations. I would not take these books as any hint. There are books on Italian and French aircraft, the third one seems to be the bible on the Austro-Hungarian aircraft by Grosz, Schiemer and Haddow- all on the subjects up till now omitted by WNW. And simultaneously - dreamt of by many of us. I bet, they truly did it just to make fun of us reading our wildest dreams.  ;)
Still so, let me dream, even if it is only to please the WNW team :) Why not - they deserve it for all they have done to us in past years.
My dreams: Spad 13, Albatros D.III Oeffag and  Hanriot HD.1. But above all - my wildest dream is Friedrichshafen FF.33.

Prze has hit it exactly !!!!!  Classic misdirection...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.