Author Topic: Wingnuts Halberstadt price  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Wingnuts Halberstadt price
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
Wingnuts is now officially taking pre orders for its two Halberstadt kits due in late November/ early December.

Listed price is $US 129.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

Re: Wingnuts Halberstadt price
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:59:16 AM »
and thus all controversy over the Halberstadt price is laid to rest.

the space between the announcement and pre-orders was very short on this one!

that newsletter also mentioned more WWI kits in development that they're not quite ready to announce yet...

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »
that newsletter also mentioned more WWI kits in development that they're not quite ready to announce yet...

Ah! So I may restart looking forward to a Breguet XIV and some Airco DH.4?!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »

Ah! So I may restart looking forward to a Breguet XIV and some Airco DH.4?!

photo on the desk had the Davila book so one might hope...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
te]

photo on the desk had the Davila book so one might hope...

Also, the book on Austro-Hungarian aircraft.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 01:01:41 AM »
and the Windsock Breguet 14 book at the bottom of the stack...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:05 AM »
WNW must be laughing out loud at all of this CSI work. :)

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:19 AM »
If they put a Dr.I datafile in that stack, they would certainly have stirred the pot! :-)

BTW, instructions on the Cl.IIs are up also.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 01:32:48 AM »
If they put a Dr.I datafile in that stack, they would certainly have stirred the pot! :-)

BTW, instructions on the Cl.IIs are up also.

i think the fact that they DIDN'T put a Dr.I datafile in the stack PROVES that the DR.I is the next release

<hides>

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 01:37:00 AM »
They are lovely, but until some one points me towards a good tutoriol on how to do the scumble look, it is a no go for me.

What I mostly want to know is what are the underlaying colours and what is stippled on top, is that a single colour or is it multiple colours randomly placed? or specific colours matched (a specific top colour for a given unlerlaying colour)?

anybody now the answer or know where to look?

many thanks, Hidde

Offline Borsos

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 01:46:27 AM »
They are lovely, but until some one points me towards a good tutoriol on how to do the scumble look, it is a no go for me.

What I mostly want to know is what are the underlaying colours and what is stippled on top, is that a single colour or is it multiple colours randomly placed? or specific colours matched (a specific top colour for a given unlerlaying colour)?

many thanks, Hidde

When I recall it properly, there seem to have been hand painted „lozenges“ in various colors that were stippled over with a stiff brush/sponge in a uniform color. The WDF includes the hypothesis that different solvents could have been in use so that the colors repelled each other. The fuselage in Krakow shows this technique. It might be worked over in the 1930ies, but in my view it matches the shape on the photos quite well

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 02:36:44 AM »

many thanks, Hidde

I expect WNW will add a Hints & Tips section to the Halberstadt listings showing how to do the camo stippling.  Much like they did with the Stahltaube's cowling "scales".

Eric

Offline Ryan

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:04 AM »
From a modelers perspective, the pic looks like an overall light color fuselage with sponge or stipple work applied in controlled areas.

For example hard mask the surrounding area, then apply the effect, then mask that off and do a different color panel.

Wont be easy.
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup

Offline Borsos

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 03:57:40 AM »
true. Camouflage colors speckled onto a shellack surface (no additional speckling over it). I checked WDF 27 and 157. Maybe some carefully cut to shape sponge brushes will do the job.  :)
otherwise maybe an aftermarket producer will release a decal sheet similar to these Mirage Hobby had printed for their 1/48 Halberstadt Cl.II:

Last hope: in one of the Halberstadt boxes there are markings for the 'candy sticked' 5720/17, named "Martha" and "Else", it is yellow-black or red striped overall -- so no camouflage speckles visible.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:30 AM »
The instructions are up at the WNW site Andreas.

I'm sure there will be some artistic license on this effect also, similar to wood grain effect.