Author Topic: Wingnuts announces three new models in development  (Read 18975 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Wingnuts announces three new models in development
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2018, 09:50:21 PM »
Just perfect. Schlasta 26b, Thea, “stripey”... I’m in for at least one early and one late boxing.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2018, 10:25:30 PM »
Now we’re talking, I’ll take one of each!

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Pete Wenman

• Pete Wenman Aviation Art
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2018, 10:41:13 PM »

Just in case anybody is so upset with WNW over this that they can't face building another WNW kit I am very happy to take any spare W.29's off your hands  ;D ;D ;D

OK tongue firmly in cheek here, but just in case

P

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2018, 11:24:29 PM »
My mother's name was Thea, so no question, which one I'll get!

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2018, 04:50:05 AM »
What great news from WNW this weekend! The diehard WWII fans finally get to see what all the fuss is about and the rest of us get a  pair of happy Halberstadts. Works for me... ;)

Offline Derrick

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2018, 05:11:18 AM »
Just a point about the Lancaster. I would love to get one, but it will probably be too big or expensive, as would a lot of others. As such, a lot of people will visit the wingnut site, to look at the details and there is a good chance they will look at all the other kits that are made by WNW. They might give them a try and we get more people into WWI subjects. This may be a one off for them, but in a way I hope not, because I do like some of the aircraft that were made in between the wars and it would be nice to see  them in plastic, but I also see it as a chance to lure more people into WWI aviation. Now if someone would only make more vehicles and accessories to go with all those luvley WWI planes. 

Offline Dwaynewilly

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2018, 06:13:35 AM »
Those Halberstadt kits look absolutely delicious.  I can see multiple purchases in my future.  As for the Lancasters, I'm not considering them at this time but lets see how I feel after the movie comes out.  I am actually encouraged by them because if WNW is open to working in different eras, they might be open to different scales.  I would flip out if Sir Peter and the crew began to produce kits of vehicles and figures from WWI in 1/35 scale, still my beating heart!  Can you imagine British, French and German artillery pieces being transported by horses or vehicles, or being fired by their crews?  Wow, that would be cool!

Dwayne

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2018, 07:25:43 AM »
Those Halberstadt kits look absolutely delicious.  I can see multiple purchases in my future.  As for the Lancasters, I'm not considering them at this time but lets see how I feel after the movie comes out.  I am actually encouraged by them because if WNW is open to working in different eras, they might be open to different scales.  I would flip out if Sir Peter and the crew began to produce kits of vehicles and figures from WWI in 1/35 scale, still my beating heart!  Can you imagine British, French and German artillery pieces being transported by horses or vehicles, or being fired by their crews?  Wow, that would be cool!

Dwayne

As far as I know, the movie has been permanently shelved for lack of financing.

I guess it's been kicked around for a decade or so at this point.

Offline Dwaynewilly

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »
Cutting steel for a 1/32 scale model is cheaper than making movies, no doubt.  Sir Peter, I'd take those vehicles, figures and such in 1/32 as well! ;D

Offline pierrelm

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2018, 02:11:31 AM »
There was also SirPJ's concern that the original film's two main roles were near perfect portrayals of both Barnes Wallis(sp?) and Gibson, and he had genuine doubts as to whether he could find actors to do the original justice. Given his inability to restrain himself from shoe-horning in his own personal take on stories (his rewrite of both of JRRT's films to include increasing amounts of what looked like in game footage was preposterous) then perhaps it's better he leaves well alone. That having been said, it would be intriguing to see a modern special effect unit get to grips with the bomb run sequences in the original.
I think the Lancs will be interesting but most of all, very much a boyhood dream realised...which is how WNW arose. Good luck to him.

Dwayne

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2018, 02:52:21 AM »
There was also SirPJ's concern that the original film's two main roles were near perfect portrayals of both Barnes Wallis(sp?) and Gibson, and he had genuine doubts as to whether he could find actors to do the original justice. Given his inability to restrain himself from shoe-horning in his own personal take on stories (his rewrite of both of JRRT's films to include increasing amounts of what looked like in game footage was preposterous) then perhaps it's better he leaves well alone. That having been said, it would be intriguing to see a modern special effect unit get to grips with the bomb run sequences in the original.
I think the Lancs will be interesting but most of all, very much a boyhood dream realised...which is how WNW arose. Good luck to him.

Dwayne

one thing you all have to understand about how the feature-film industry works today: if it's not a lock to be a blockbuster it's unlikely to get funded at a high level. studios are very conservative. so, even after the relative success of Dunkirk, Sir PJ's inability to make the film most likely has little to do with his personal take and everything to do with it not being, say, Avengers 43... or Guy Gibson: a Star Wars Story.

and the companies that embrace quality over breadth of appeal don't tend to fund projects at a blockbuster-level (Netflix, Amazon, HBO etc). similar to old school studios they've gotta amortize their flops.

so whether it would have been crap or a stroke of genius on the level of Saving Private Ryan without the corny present-day graveyard scenes matter less than the reality that, to the people who can say yes, it isn't the KIND of movie they'd say yes to at that budget level.

so nope. no Dambusters reboot. i'd bet half a year's pay on that... and i rarely lose a bet.

Offline krow113

« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2018, 03:40:33 AM »
 Would I be the only one who thinks one of the richest men in world most likely wouldn't need financing for anything he wanted to do?

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:51 AM »
This off topic discussion is better placed in the Time to Relax board than here.

Dave Wilson
Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:10:25 AM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »
SO..... steering back onto the track, the Halberstats look interesting. I may buy one. This is exactly the sort of esoteric, largely unknown aircraft type that WNW launched with. That said, the Lanc is pretty darn cool. I wonder if WNW will go on to produce some other WWII types, in parallel with WWI types? Would it bother me to see a G4m Betty by WNW? A Do-17? A Sunderland? We 1/32 builders may see some great stuff down the line.
I am tired of waiting for the Sopwith Baby, so I'd like to see THAT soon-ish.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2018, 11:30:36 AM »
Can't wait to see all the other awesome things in the future.... the possibilities are now endless!  So excited