Modelers Lounge > Time to relax

Time to show us your workbench

<< < (2/22) > >>

lcarroll:
    I now understand why I like the opportunity to view fellow Builder's work areas; it makes me feel normal and less guilty about the general mess and chaos in my own space! With the exception of Des' pristine working environment my "Happy Place" as Dave has called it is pretty average when it comes to clutter. I compliment Bud on his effort to spruce up his bench with a cold imported Ale, my desk is no stranger to that sort of addition and I'm not even scheduled for Telford this year!
    I have taken possession of our small (9 X 10 feet) Den as my Model display and work space, Computer, and Aviation Library room and placed my lifetime collection of "I love me" photos and keepsakes around the perimeter to remind me I wasn't always a 70 plus year old with arthritis, a heart condition, and 25 extra pounds to drag about daily! My "Bench" is a converted old roll top desk and I do my air brushing and soldering in the heated attached garage. I can only fit roughly half my collection in the room's self built display cases thus I have a large Ikea cabinet in the basement Family Room area for the rest and another will be required imminently.
   Here's the Bench after a serious clean up in January of this year.

Some of the Reference collection.....

...... and about half of my model collection:

..... and here's a candid shot of the Bench as she was this morning, complete with the evidence of a good Irish Red Ale consumed last night while I pondered the next move on the LVG.

Great idea Dave, I hope to see many more posts here!
Cheers,
Lance

lone modeller:
Evening All,

Dave has referred to the wonderful models that we see on this site and where we make them. I do not know whether space correlates with quality of product but here is my space, the core of which is the tray which measures 12inches (30cm) x 9 inches (22cm). The photo shows about 1/2 of the space on my desk. I do have some drawers in a small cupboard in the corner of the room where I store other paints, plastic sheet, rod, strip, etc, and a couple of old series 1 Airfix kit boxes with scrap and various bits which I am working on, but otherwise this is it! It may account for the small size of most of my models. When I was building the base for the Dornier flying boat I had to put it on the floor of the room in which I work. The room doubles as a study/writing area and my desktop computer on one side of the desk (not visible in photo): I have to be able to move my modelling area away during the day so that I can use the space to work on. I have a couple of glass cabinets in my lounge, and some purpose built perspex cases in my work room for displaying the models. I know that compared to those modellers who work on the dining room table/lap I am lucky!

You can see how untidy my desk is all the same...... but as a psychologist once told me, a tidy desk is the sign of an untidy mind!

Stephen.

bobs_buckles:
My workbench is housed inside my spraybooth. It's a mess, but it's my mess  ;D

von B

Monty:
Ouch, this is going to be embarrassing! Welcome to Disaster Central... always lots on the go, any subject or scale! The tiny bit front center is where the work gets done.

The old, brittle cracked Optivisor comes from my late Father-in-Law, Bill, Ex engine fitter, SAAF Spitfires, Western Desert and Italy, 1944-1945...

Regards,
Marc

Alexis:
Haven't built a WW 1 subject in some time , but I do come by every day and see what folks  are building and I must say that this is the most active site ! Hard to keep up with all the builds .

Any way here is my bench ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version