Author Topic: Next Junkers D.I  (Read 3633 times)

Offline ModelCellar

Re: Next Junkers D.I
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 12:23:40 PM »
WHOA,  That is AWESOME!  The close up pics of the engine and cockpit look like a real airplane.  ...Amazing job

Paul

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 09:20:52 AM »
Artur, your Junkers model is  outstanding and like others I thought I was looking at a real aircraft for a moment.

Please send your images to Wingnuts too and please share your model painting secrets with us - for example what paints/ technique did you use to do that ultra realistic exhaust on the Junkers?

World class modelling Artur, any of us would be very proud to have produced such a masterpiece.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline artro219

• My blog
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 04:05:43 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I did not expect that my rendition of the exhaust would be liked so much.

Here it is how I made it.

I sprayed it silver in the beginning. Then I used transparent yellow and blue to emphasize the color changes at the joints. Then I used pigments and sealed them with the Fixer. Then, after it all dried well, I repeated the pigments application. Finally I sprayed the final post shading to emphasize the joints and the outlet.

I use Google translator and I apologize for my English

Bughunter

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 07:02:24 AM »
A well made model in all aspects! I like the details and also the airscrew.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »
I agree with ALL of the others. Phenomenal, Details, painting, and weathering! Beautifully done!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler