Forum Comments and Feedback > Comments and Feedback

Uploading Photos

(1/9) > >>

Ian from Doncaster:
Please can someone advise me how to upload photos here - my files are too big to add as attachments, even when cropped. 

All advice gratefully received :)

Ian from Doncaster:
Thank you - I now have photobucket :)

pepperman42:
Im a technological dinosaur and after a few trys photobucket even works for me.

Des:
Thanks guys for your comments on photo uploading.

There are three pretty good photo sharing sites;

Photobucket
Fliker
Picasa
or upload from your own URL

These are all free sites and offer good facilities. It is very easy to upload your photos onto those sites then it is a simple matter to place them onto this forum through the ''insert image" button. A good size to put your photos into these photo sharing site is 800, this being the largest dimension of your photo with the other dimension being in ratio. When photos are inserted onto this forum they will be loaded at 600x600, anything larger will be reduced to this size, anything smaller will not be affected. Photo size and attachments take up a lot of storage on a forum so I will have to keep a check on the usage in these early days.

Thanks guys,

Des.

wunwinglow:
As a viewer, I find the Photobucket type of image hosting to be a royal pain in the backside! Come back in a few months, or weeks even, and all the images have vanished. Which is useless if you are researching something some time after the original posting was made. A much better solution is to buy a little bit of web space, you get your own web address, a chunk of storage space on-line that you can upload your own photos and other files, link to them as, when and where you wish, use the space as back-up storage, quite apart from a bunch of e-mail addresses and other features. The advantage is the pictures are availalbe until you decide to remove them, not Photobucket.  Web packages are available from multiple sources for only a few dollars, and will usually come with file transfer porgrams and much more. I use www.1and1.co.uk, but there are thousands of others. No commercial links, just a happy customer. They host all my sites such as www.flyingstart.info and others.

Right, back to working on my WNW F2b!!

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version