WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Resin Kits

Choroszy Gotha G-1 (1/72nd)

(1/5) > >>

NinetythirdLiberator:
All,
I got this neat model last year when I visited a friend in Denmark (THANKS, CLAUS!!!).  It just happens to be one of my favorite planes and will look great next to my G-III, Staaken and AEG when completed!  I've just started and am moving slowly as this takes a fair amount of head scratching and clean up for a good result.

Here it is so far.

Thanks for looking and more soon.
Dan

NinetythirdLiberator:
A bit more tonight.  I sprayed basic linen onto the wings/tails etc and then made "wood" the usual way with acrylic undercoat and burnt umber oils with a top coat of clear orange acrylic.  Gloss coated and added some of the first decals.  They went on great until I got to the serials.  They stuck immediately and I destroyed them both!   :-[
I'll figure something out.

It will be fun to start getting the wings highlighted etc.  Looking good!

Cheers,
Dan

Manni:
Wow, Dan. The GI looks great. It is also a very interesting subject for me, too. I will definitly watch the progress with high interest.
Bye,
Manni

NigelR:
I have been tempted by this kit many times. I hope your build is going to convince me to go for it. It's looking good so far........

Radarman:
Good to see another unique build coming from your workbench, Dan. I’m all moved from Browns Point to Port Orchard and won’t be able to work on a model for a while. I’ll have to enjoy watching the work of others.

Thanks for keeping me entertained, Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version