Author Topic: Albatros D.V "MVR"  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Albatros D.V "MVR"
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
WNW has this on their site "Pre-Order allocation exhausted as at 18 July 2018 (NZ time). Pre-orders will be accepted again when we have a reliable time frame for delivery of remaining stock in late 2018".  Wonder what the allocation was.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Albatros D.V "MVR"
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:32:43 PM »
    They are either selling like "hotcakes" or the allocation was low. I was amazed at how quickly the Albatros "Triple" sold out; hopefully business is good and these recent releases are successful as well. For those considering the new specials perhaps a "he who hesitates loses" approach is the key! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 03:51:45 AM »
    They are either selling like "hotcakes" or the allocation was low. I was amazed at how quickly the Albatros "Triple" sold out; hopefully business is good and these recent releases are successful as well. For those considering the new specials perhaps a "he who hesitates loses" approach is the key! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Looks as though hesitating could be a losing proposition. Another factor could be that they are saving a certain number for distributors...or so I hope. I am not as financially sound as some here. I really have to plan my purchases so all at once is not an option for me. Not complaining by the way, just fact. Great to see WNW doing these specials and I hope they continue!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Kit (and hopefully free book) on way from NZ.  Also Sprue Bros shipping now.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
I wonder if more modellers are doing a bit of speculating ie. buying more than one with a view to selling at a profit when they go OOP. Of course the more modellers who do that, the faster the kits go OOP and the strategy becomes self-reinforcing
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline NigelR

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 04:38:30 AM »
This modeller plans to build his. I like building planes with a figure to set them off and I really liked the Mike Good MvR figure. That clinched it for me, glad I got one pre-ordered!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 04:44:07 AM »
Maybe folks are buying them in pallet quantities lol

Im thinking one to build maybe a second for the future
-Patrick