Author Topic: Kidnapped photos returned...  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Monty

Kidnapped photos returned...
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:03:42 PM »
Without me paying the ransom! Apparently company under new management.... Marc

Offline Borsos

Re: Kidnapped photos returned...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
Mine are back, too. I didn't pay a penny nor would I ever do. Very interesting, thanks for the heads up!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline malaula

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »
Surprise surprise ! will have a try on posting pics again...

guitarlute101

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 01:47:33 AM »
I noticed that yesterday, I completely quit posting because of the Photobucket incident. I figure it was them giving us a taste of what it was like to see the pictures so they can take them down again. I've gone completely negative on the whole issue, I know. But I'm still really chapped about the whole incident, not just for me but for all of us. It'll take me awhile to trust any of these photo posting sites again.

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02:46:35 AM »
I can completely identify with that horrible gutted feeling when our photographs were taken hostage. It was really nasty and could conceivably happen again. So if anyone wants those photographs I strongly suggest they download them now. No part of the internet is safe from many forms of piracy. A far worse thing has happened to another modelling site recently. It was associated with a magazine (that had their own forum too), the magazine went under financially and was sold. The new owners instantly and completely canned everything, blogs, stored photographs, the lot, and simply referred the former members to their own site, they even created a "Lounge" for them, big deal. I won't have anything to do with the new owners, the site or their magazine. Even when The Aerodrome closed, the info was kept available, and I am thankful for this, I use it often. I suppose we only truly appreciate what we have when it's gone, so I think we need to be pro-active and make sure we both use this site properly and attempt to preserve it for posterity.

Enough of the soap-box sermon! I'm so glad my Merit DR1 thread is up and going and I'm enthusiastic all over again!

Regards in WW1 modelling,

Marc.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:16:41 AM »
The CEO OVERESTIMATED the Value of their service and payed for it with his Job! I was actually a paid member before the Ransom Move. I paid about $40.00 per year for unlimited storage and use of their editing tool. The change in cost was Outrageous . It seems as though Post Image has straightened out their issues so I continue to use them and Flickr at no charge.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:03:18 AM »
Hi Rick,

Yes, there are good alternatives... I'm using Tinypics with no problems...

Regards,

Marc