Author Topic: Hi, from N. Carolina  (Read 3350 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Hi, from N. Carolina
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »
Thanks again, all.

Upon reflection, I've decided I'd rather start in 1/32, both for the detail, possibility of easier painting, and it's a size where I think learning rigging would be easier (never done it before). So I'll spend some time (impatiently LOL) reading reviews of 1/32 kits, with a lean towards aircraft of the RNAS.

Jim F

Looking forward to your builds! By the way Salisbury isn't too far from me in the Mountains Near Boone. I am what the Locals here call a "Half Back" Moved from the North to Florida and only made it Halfway Back  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline JimF

Re: Hi, from N. Carolina
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 02:47:31 AM »
Hey, RAG, nice to see a few of us tarheels on here.

Lance, yes, that is my goal, the WnW Felixstowe F.2 models, hopefully the early and late models, and maybe they will do the one of version, with the extra gun station on the top wing :)

I knew Spads, Sopwith Camels, Fokker Tri-planes, as a kid, but met a guy while on vacation on Cape Cod. He had a R/C Felixstowe, that he was flying and landing, is a small tidal cove. I though it was the coolest thing ever, and saw Roden had done 1/72 kits for it. But now, with WnW doing them, I will go after the larger scale.

I'll do something simpler, just to try rigging a model. maybe a Sopwith Ship's Camel?

Jim F