Author Topic: 1:32 LVG C.VI Radiator  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Flugzeugwerke

1:32 LVG C.VI Radiator
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
Watch this space for details :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:40:39 PM by Flugzeugwerke »

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: 1:32 LVG C.IV Radiator
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »
Not sure if your research is complete yet Bo. I searched my collection of photos and there may be some details you haven't seen yet

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Offline Flugzeugwerke

Re: 1:32 LVG C.VI Radiator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »
Jamo -- that's awesome and yes, very useful, very much still in the research/ pondering the best way to do this/ phase.

My inclination is to make the the replacement radiator go hand-in-hand with the HGW PE shutters. Bigger question is whether to completely replace the wing center section, or, is the required surgery going to be easy enough?

If anyone has a broken or abandoned LVG kit that they could spare the radiator section for some experimentation, that would be helpful...

Offline seiran01

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »
Bo - I'm looking forward to seeing the product, in whichever form you decide to design it!

My 2 cents,  I think it'd be a better approach to just do replacement radiator and not the full center top wing. Shapeways printing will likely still require the builder to put in work to smooth out the print lines even in the highest resolution printing (unless they've added an option recently I'm not aware of...). My thought is that in the end it'd be less work for the builder to simply cut out the kit rad and drop in yours. Any chance you'll consider doing the shutters as well? I fouled up my HGW rad set beyond recognition, think my hands are simply too clumsy to work with PE even under the best circumstances  :)

Cheers
Mike
Mike Swinburne

Offline Flugzeugwerke

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 02:36:34 AM »
Input duly noted, thanks Mike

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 04:42:35 AM »
:-*

Offline Flugzeugwerke

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 04:52:49 AM »
Bertl pointed out to me off-line that the HGW shutters are pretty far off scale. So rethinking that a bit.

Offline Flugzeugwerke

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 05:20:02 AM »
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it... (I have all the materials I need for the alby d.v chin project)