Author Topic: Fokker D. II, Jasta 16b (Special Hobby, 1:32)  (Read 6571 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Fokker D. II, Jasta 16b (Special Hobby, 1:32)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
Gorgeous!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 11:00:08 PM »
Many thanks for all your kind words!
Best regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 03:20:32 AM »
So typical of your work, Andreas, she is absolutely stunning!  Another masterpiece for your collection!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Bughunter

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 06:20:32 AM »
Due to lucky circumstances I was able to see this model in real live last weekend - most impressive, really!
This is a masterpiece in all aspects, also the base with all the real looking wet puddles is great (if you see that you want to put the model to a dry place immediately).
Thank you for the nice talk, Andreas!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 04:29:59 PM »
Thank you vey much, Bud and Frank!
Frank, your words honor me more than I deserve. It was a joy to meet you in person and to be able to look at your quarter scale masterpieces in reality.
Andreas
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline xan

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 02:57:36 AM »
Very well done!
I saw a pic of this plane a few time ago...
does  it exist at 1/48 ?
You say it was on of the p  lane he painted, have you pics of others plane painted by him?

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 05:55:49 AM »
Very well done!
I saw a pic of this plane a few time ago...
does  it exist at 1/48 ?
You say it was on of the p  lane he painted, have you pics of others plane painted by him?

Xan

Thank you!
Oh yes, Special Hobby released this kit in 1/48 scale long before their 1/32 version, have a look here:
https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/special-hobby/fokker-d-ii-black-white-tails.html
It has even the same boxart like the 1/32 kit, but the 1/48 box is blue, the 1/32 box is green...
There was another 1/48 kit made by Gavia, but I think that one is out of production:
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/february/first-looks/gavia_fokkerd2.htm
The Gavia boxart shows the 2nd, better known plane painted by Grünzweig. That one had camouflaged fuselage sides and running legs painted onto the wheel covers.

Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »
Andreas, the 1/48 D.II seems to be the same kit.
If you look at the sprues in your posted Gavia review and compare them against the PDF form Special Hobby, you will find no difference. So fo me it looks like, that Special Hobby has taken over the injection die from Gavia (as lately seen with the Pfalz E.I), after Gavia was going out of the business.

Cheers,
Frank