Author Topic: WW1 Aircraft specific paints?  (Read 6865 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: WW1 Aircraft specific paints?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 04:26:24 AM »
]

<snip>

The range doesn't cover ww1 but I tend to make my own mind up on mixes and have no real interest in using what someone else thinks is the right colour, so they have more than enough colours for me, they have some really nice off white paints that work well for CDL (whether it be greyer or browner).

<snip>

Ray

You'd be surprised how many off-white cars there are, I have three rattle cans from Halfords that I use for CDL

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline krow113

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
mr paint got back to me with an American distributer :
http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php

Offline Kurt_W

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 07:59:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the information!

I have a large order of paints arriving, from several different manufacturers. Something should work pretty well.

Kurt

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
I知 late to the discussion, but thought I might have a bit to add.  I致e been working on finding matches to the Methuen codes called out in the Windsock Datafiles.  Using a color sensor, I grabbed the colors from my recently acquired copy of the third edition and cross-referenced the hex codes to Vallejo and grabbed my paint trials of the AK Interactive line of WWI colors.  Only a very few Vallejo were close to any of the Methuen colors, none in the AK line.  I am in the process of finding Methuen matches in Pantone, then will investigate Tamiya.

I realize there are many variables in this process; the source for the datafiles, the Methuen book is slightly dubious, my color sensor, and reported hex codes from paint manufacturers or third parties.  Nevertheless, I知 going to see where this goes.  I知 already mixing colors to get what I want, I知 just curious if I知 even close to what the Windsock guys think.

Stuart