Author Topic: „Sperrfeuer!“ — Mark I female Courdon Rouge at Courcelette, September 15, 1916  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Borsos

It is been some years ago since I started Takoms great Mark I kit. I used MR Models correction set to get a wider driver‘s cab, otherwise the kit is straight from the box except from the decals which came from Penguin Decals. There’s an interesting account on the fate of „Courdon Rouge“ on September 15 1916 attacking the Sugar Factory at Courcelette in Stephen Pope, The First Tank Crews“ and also a b/w photo that shows at least parts of this tank. The figures are heavily converted plastic figures from various producers (Mini Art, ICM) and equipped with hornet heads and WWI equippment from ICM. I think it’s quite obvious where I got the inspiration for that diorama...https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9385.0 I used a MG 08 (From CMK) instead of a minenwerfer.

Thank you for your interest
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   Outstanding work Andreas, the details just never stop; every time I go through the photos I see more! The whole scene "moves" and the story jumps right out of it, great work on the figures as well. Congratulations and sincere compliments on a really spectacular bit of modelling! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ModelCellar

Andreas,
Great work!  As Lance said - lots of details to look at.  Very nicely done!!
Paul

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
„Sperrfeuer!“ — Mark I female Courdon Rouge at Courcelette
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »
Great scene, there are lots of things to discover. You can see and feel all emotions of the terrified soldiers. Great!
I got only one thing that could give the scene a bit more variation. Take some wet effect for the mud, maybe some highly diluted oilpaint for a bit darker, more wet look of the mud. Some puddles would be nice, too.
Bye,Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Your dioramas are always so evocative, Andreas, and this one is no exception!  I love the emotions you show on your figures' faces.  So cool!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
That is really cool ! Awesome job  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Spectacular and superb modelling Andreas. The detail you have packed into this diorama is astonishing and so realistic.

You have totally captured the sense of the WW1 display that inspired your build and the figures and their poses exactly capture the NZ display sense of wild panic as a monster tank crawls over the trench.

Outstanding and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful model with us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

Beautiful scene, the tank and the figures are really living and the whole picture is very convincing.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Online RAGIII

Re: — Mark I female Courdon Rouge at Courcelette, September 15, 1916
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »
Beautifully animated scene. As always your figures, details, base, and of course the Tank are superb!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: „Sperrfeuer!“ — Mark I female Courdon Rouge at Courcelette
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »
Andreas, your artistry is on full display....    :D

Offline Borsos

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your positive comments, I really appreciate them.
Manni, no puddles for September 15, 1916, at the Somme. All the photos I had looked at show a quite dry environment.
Andreas
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline gedmundson

Hi Andreas, I am very impressed with your work on this diorama. I've just finished a couple of Takom's WW1 tanks myself, and can really appreciate the work you did on this project. The colour scheme, figure work and presentation are all superb. I want to acknowledge your  research into this too. Hats off to you and thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of work.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Edo

Borsos!
your dioramas always capture the drama of the scene! they are so vivid....
again, a masterpiece!
ciaoEdo

Offline Borsos

Gary and Edo, thank you very much for your kind words!
Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.