Author Topic: Wanted - HGW Albatros DV/DVA Airplane Nail Set, 1/32nd Scale  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Trackpad

Wanted - HGW Albatros DV/DVA Airplane Nail Set, 1/32nd Scale
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:00:18 PM »
Hello, Everyone,

I'm getting well stuck into a WNW !/32nd scale Albatros DV, and I'd like to try the HGW Albatros DV/DVA Airplane Nail Set, Item # 321015. This is a set of decals that replicate the nail pattern on the Albatros DV/DVA aircraft fuselage. I've been monitoring both the HGW and Nordland sites for several weeks. However, although the item is listed it is also annotated "Not Available."

If anyone can assist I'd be interested in exchanging PMs to discuss. TIA for visiting!  8)

Cheers,

Gary
"Trackpad"
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Wanted - HGW Albatros DV/DVA Airplane Nail Set, 1/32nd Scale
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:09:02 AM »
Jadar has the HGW freelines in silver $4.55US. The silver doesnt look too bright and not sure if you would be putting a wash over them anyway.

Steve

Offline Trackpad

Re: Wanted - HGW Albatros DV/DVA Airplane Nail Set, 1/32nd Scale
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:41 AM »
Jadar has the HGW freelines in silver $4.55US. The silver doesnt look too bright and not sure if you would be putting a wash over them anyway.

Steve

Thanks for the lead, Steve. I already have a set of free line nail decals, but I'm told that the "inter-nail space" on these is twice what it should be: something in the order of 1.5 mm vice the required .75 mm (+-). The original nail set for the Albi is the one to get if available (however I'm also told that the sheet is OOP due to poor sales) so I may just go with the free line set I have as the final line of defense. It'll be a while until I need it so I'm hoping that luck, larceny or eBay might turn up the "right stuff."   Thx again! 8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."