Author Topic: WnW Fokker E.1 13/15  (Read 3903 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: WnW Fokker E.1 13/15
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 09:13:10 AM »
From the hand made prop to the oilstains on the fabric, you certainly nailed this one down.  The machining on the cowling is exceptional as well.  One of the best Eindeckers to be seen here.  You certainly haven't lost your touch in a year.  Outstanding work all around.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »
This model is very nicely done! 

How do you get the lines for the wood layers on the propeller blade so clean and straight? 

Any tricks for that?  I have struggled with that myself, using colored pencils and free-hand drawing on the blades.  I find it hard to get them as straight and even as you have done here.

Well done!

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 06:05:52 PM »
Lovely work  on the Eindecker, plus the handcrafted prop and a pair of “Uncle Otto’s” wheels.

Simply a beautiful model. I love it. :)

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »
Thank you all for the nice words about the model :) The important for me is that it got my WWI mojo bacv :)

This model is very nicely done! 

How do you get the lines for the wood layers on the propeller blade so clean and straight? 

Any tricks for that?  I have struggled with that myself, using colored pencils and free-hand drawing on the blades.  I find it hard to get them as straight and even as you have done here.

Well done!

I just glued two colours veneer together and then carved it :) this way lines are perfect... I am doing this now for nearly every model. The first time, few years ago, it took me 4-5 attempts untill I get a fairly good result. Nowadays I usually succeed from first or second time max. SO just try it it is not that hard and there should be tutorial somewhere on the forum :)

best regards,
Sasho
Think globally, act locally!