Author Topic: Sopwith Dolphin 1/32  (Read 4183 times)

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: Sopwith Dolphin 1/32
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 01:31:40 AM »
Looks fantastic -I like the contrast of the green/brown with the darker cowlings. Looks just right to my eyes!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 02:22:59 AM »
Quote from Guy 28 Jan:  "I never get it quite right, but I’m hoping one day I will...  ;)"

Quite the contrary Guy, you "aced" it on this one! It's merely the "beauty in the eyes of the beholder" phenomena you are experiencing! We are our own worst critics. ;) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 03:57:54 AM »
Thanks,

Lance - I always say this at the end of a model. It’s just once done I never 100% like them and would happily just chuck them away. The pleasure is in the process...

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline mgunns

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »
I am not a fan of open engines on airplanes, unless it is displayed in a diorama where the mechanics are performing maintenance; but, that being written, I like the way this looks.  The open side doesn't take away from the overall complete appearance of the model and the engine work shines through.  I especially am drawn to the subtle staining on the underside and the highlighting of the ailerons on the underside, it turned out great and the mottle affect plays the light nicely.  A real gem Guy.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
Thanks Mark,

There’s a photo in the instructions of a Dolphin with that panel removed which gave me the push. It has such a detailed interior that I’m surprised WWs didn’t give it as an option.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 11:12:03 PM »
Guy,

WOW that is a beautiful model.  I like the finish very much.  The weathering/staining on the underside looks great.  One thing that caught my eye was the structure inside the open engine - the wood effect really pops out.  Great job.

Paul

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 11:20:19 PM »
Nice job, good photos. Exposed engine works well.

Cheers

Syd