Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Camel (Clerget) WM Alexander 10 Naval Sqn.  (Read 18632 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Camel (Clerget) WM Alexander 10 Naval Sqn.
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »
Andreas, Juan,
     Thanks for the comments. I've got a little touching up to do on the brass plate outline of the foot step on the port side and she's done. Hopefully an entry into Completed Models tomorrow.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2018, 04:45:04 AM »
Flaws? What flaws? This is another masterpiece about to take off from the master modellers table.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2018, 05:30:07 AM »
Stephen,
    Feedback such as this is a welcome and much appreciated confidence builder, sincere thanks!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline aliluke

« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2018, 04:46:34 PM »
That looks absolutely superb Lance. I like the subtle weathering which looks very realistic and just enough (for my tastes that is!).

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »
Thanks for looking and commenting Alistair. I kept the weathering fairly light as the ref. photos showed a relatively clean aircraft as opposed to the LeRhone Camel I did earlier.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
I like this scheme on the Camel Lance.  The parallel lines look great and the wrap around the cowling is nice and even.  Yes, as mentioned too the recovery of the struts is nice as well.   As you mentioned, the key is not to recovery.  With this and the Ships Camel it's hard to avoid the recovery phase as the cabane struts are always in your face, or hands.  The weathering is nice, not overdone, looks like a machine in service.
Looking forward to the next phase of "Modeling Madness."
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »
Thanks mark,
    That's a very accurate summary of the "strut challenge" alright, and the issue grows with the dimensions of the fingers the Builder uses! I much prefer the method used for strut attachment on some of the other WNW Kits, where the fragile little devils are inserted much later in the process! On the other hand this method ensures a great fit and alignment of the upper wing, assuming you don't rip the cabanes off by accident! All of this whining on my part of course does not help the fact that it was the inter plane struts I "pinged off" on this Build.
    Oh well, lessons learned, and hopefully applied correctly next Camel Build!
Cheers,
Lance