Author Topic: Kia Ora from NZ  (Read 1760 times)

Offline GB

Kia Ora from NZ
« on: December 29, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »
Hi all. As I'm venturing into the world of WW1 aviation following a couple of WnW gifts from Santa, thought I'd better join up and learn a few things as I'm a long time armour modeller. Here's a few of my recent builds..

I used to dabble in aircraft as a kid but left the hobby in my late teens, only returning about 8 or 9 years ago and concentrating on armour since then.
 A couple of months ago, I won a Wingnut Wings Camel kit as a prize in an IMPS comp (for a NZ Sherman - go figure!) . I did have a go at the kit but found it to be a completely different kettle of fish to my usual builds and while it didn't end up as anything great, it was certainly a great learning experience.
My wife bought me a couple of kits for xmas and I'm determined to make a real go of these, hence me making an appearance on this forum. I expect to learn lots.....  8)

Gary

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Kia Ora from NZ
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
Hello Gary and welcome to the forum, thank you for posting the photos of yout tanks, they are beautiful looking models. You have come to the right place to find out information on how to build WW1 aircraft models, the forum has some very talented members and all are willing to share their knowledge, they will answer any questions you wish to ask. I'm looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »
Hi Gary,
 Welcome to the forum.  ;)
You won't find a better place on the planet to ask for help and guidance when it comes to WW1 aviation subjects.

Good luck with your WNW builds  :)

Cheers,
Von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Gary. I have several good modelling buddies who build armor subjects more then WWI aircraft and transition between the two seamlessly, I'm sure the skills evident in your models here will move to your WWI Aircraft quite nicely. Enjoy the Forum, there's all the information, encouragement, and advice you could want here, and more!
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 12:43:02 AM »
Welcome to the friendliest and Most Informative WW1 aircraft Forum on the Net! Like Lance said looking at your armor kits I am sure you will do well with any subject you build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »
Hello Gary and be warmely welcomed! Your armour models really look great, of course I like the Tadpole most. I am very keen on seeing your steps into aviation modelling. I personally build everything from WWI that is in 1:35 or 1:32 scale (so ships are out..), planes, tanks, figures, and I love the different challenges.
Best regards
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline GB

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Thank you for teh warm welcome everyone. Looking forward to learning some new skills   :D

Gary