Author Topic: FYI: WNW Pfalz D.IIIa almost sold out  (Read 7087 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: FYI: WNW Pfalz D.IIIa almost sold out
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 01:46:51 AM »
   I'm glad I have a second one stashed away, a great Kit and the new references/products from Albatros and Pheon make it a popular subject. I'd say it's a "natural" for a "Duelist" boxing in future. How many have you got ferreted away, von Pfalz Pfan?? ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
One in various stages of incompleteness and one all shiny and new. But wish I had a couple more  :D

Von Fartz  ;D

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 01:05:35 AM »
Weta also have Pfaltzies, but the NZ warehouse is sold out.

it's odd that the SE5a still seems plentiful. probably this is because the Roden SE5a is one of their better efforts, and its availability diminishes any FOMO.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 05:35:51 AM »
Weta also have Pfaltzies, but the NZ warehouse is sold out.

it's odd that the SE5a still seems plentiful. probably this is because the Roden SE5a is one of their better efforts, and its availability diminishes any FOMO.

But there's the Roden Pfalz D. III which can be built into a nicely looking model, as many builders here have proved.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
Lots of Models shows it as sold out as well as many others to include the Pfalz DXII.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 03:10:34 AM »
Now sold out @ Weta and WnW site only has 2, so probably will not be long until this one is gone too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:22:37 AM by Juan »

Offline aircare84

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
Juan,
Where do you see that WNW has only 2 left in stock?
Larry

Offline Juan

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Add 10+ to your cart, it will tell you can only add X.

Offline aircare84

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »
Thanks for the info.
Did not know that.
They may only be down to 1 now.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
I would not be surprised to see the Pfalz re-emerge as a special release perhaps in the next year.  Maybe it will be a duelist with some new allied two-seater or perhaps it will get the full squadron treatment like the Albatros D.V did with Jasta 5.
Honor Necessity

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 12:09:46 AM »
I would not be surprised to see the Pfalz re-emerge as a special release perhaps in the next year.  Maybe it will be a duelist with some new allied two-seater or perhaps it will get the full squadron treatment like the Albatros D.V did with Jasta 5.

I like your thinking on this one. A full Jasta 10 or 4 line up would be cool  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rayb24

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 10:45:50 AM »

I like your thinking on this one. A full Jasta 10 or 4 line up would be cool  ::)
RAGIII
Duelist with an RE8 would be nice... btw I noticed that Hobby Link Japan shows the Hanover in stock... everywhere else they are no longer available.  In case anyone is looking for one.
Ray

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 02:03:44 AM »
it's official. the Pfalz D.IIIa is sold out.

i *might* have scored the last 2, if my order went though. they took my money for two, but haven't fulfilled the order yet so i am counting no chickens.

also, the 'fill your cart with 10 or more' trick is not working anymore. i was able to put 300 in my cart just before they sold out.

based on that trick the J.1 will be next to sell out, or maybe the Hisso SE5a.

Offline Juan

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 02:18:47 AM »
Based on Weta listing the Hisso SE5a as "Sold Out", this may be the next one to sell out.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 02:24:23 AM »
i don't trust Weta, according to them they've sold out of the Dolphin. last i checked the J.1 showed 11 remaining at WNW so i think that's next. but if you bet on the Hisso, i wouldn't bet you. i wonder if Weta are phasing out WNW distribution?

i got a confirmation email about my two Pfalzies, so i'm cautiously optimistic i got the last two. it would be a rather shoddy operation if they sent a confirmation and then followed it the next day with "oops" so i remain optimistic.

if i got 'em i'll most likely build as Degelow's and Berthold's but i may change my mind and go for Rudolf Stark's, as i quite liked his book and he did most of his wet work in the Pfalz (and Dr.1).

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 05:19:20 AM »
I'm selling a WNW Pfalz D.IIIa (see under 'Buy, Sell, Trade)...now more rare since it's 'out of production'!

Jason