Author Topic: 1/32 Nieuport decal options  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Softscience

Re: 1/32 Nieuport decal options
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »

[/quote]
  From the "about us" section of this website: "This site is dedicated to the construction of WW1 aircraft models in 1:32 scale".  That being the case I'd tend to think we'd find more 1/32nd scale modelers here than elsewhere.  Also, before Wingnut Wings put 1/32nd scale on the map the VAST majority of kits were (and still are) produced by Eduard, Roden, etc. in 1/48th and 1/72nd scales.  I go to model shows on occasion and I'd dare say 95% of the WWI kits I see for sale are 1/48th or 1/72nd scale.
[/quote]

With no disrespect meant to this truly fantastic site, are there other WW1 modeling forums out there? Perhaps ones that cater to those smaller scales?

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »
Last year, I had stencil sets made by Miracle Mask.  I sent drawings and dimensions in and received sets that each include:  4 Upper Wing Cockades in French proportions, 2 lower wing in French proportions and 2 fuselage in RFC proportions.

I am sure they still have the patterns in there computer files.  http://www.freewebs.com/miraclemasks/

Online RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:55 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what markings are you looking for? I have a Roden kit of the 24 , yes the decals are notorious, but I have seen them used. I think French and or Russian. I also have Academy Markings for the 17. I think I gave away Nungessers but have whatever other scheme was included. Let me know if you are interested?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler