Author Topic: 3000 members  (Read 4408 times)

Offline rayb24

Re: 3000 members
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »
Congratulations Des, the site has I think been a labour of love. I got to the forums but googling home made turnbuckles, then seeing some of your model build links, then looking through the forums...
As others have said thank you for all the hard work, effort and a good deal of determination. The site is now in my first and last things looked at on the web each day, so much cameraderie, assistance and knowledge.

Ray

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »
Congratulations for this really deserved achievment, this is a magnificent forum indeed.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 11:15:50 PM »
This forum is noticeably busier than when I joined, so you must be doing something right, Des

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 12:44:50 AM »
I suppose it is rather our duty to thank you, Des, for keeping this place alive and so pleasant. Five and a half year, who would say, it is already this long time. Great job, our dear Administrator. And congratulations!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 01:03:13 AM »
Agree with fellow forum members, than you Des for this incredible site.   8)

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 01:13:07 AM »
thanks, Des.

i'm late to this game. by the time i got here, the modeling forum of theaerodrome.com was already shut down. i admire the Aerodrome immensely for its confluence of expertise, but i can't say i'd consider it well run. they let conversations get too chippy (PC10  for example) and shut down the modeling forum (as opposed to, oh i don't know, even handed moderation?)

here, you preserve the tone in the sweet spot and have made a home for modelers interested in this most fascinating subject. in any scale, although those who do 1/48 are just wrong ;)

i am very grateful for what you've done and while i cannot afford it now i will chip in when i can. if there is a need for volunteer slave labor of any sort, hit me up. i will do what i can.

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 06:27:47 AM »
Des
3,000 members is an achievement.  There's tons of modeling sites and several forums but this is the best in terms of use ability. The topics were well thought out and your leadership in posting a blog set the standards for others to follow. I check this site routinely every day and generally feel like I've learned a new technique that raises my own modeling standards.

As others have said thanks for launching this forum

Charlie Duckworth
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »
The start of another great year for the forum. Thank you for sharing your passion for WWI aviation modelling and taking the time to create the site as a whole. It takes time, effort and money to run this and it is very much appreciated. It would be far easier to sit back and let "the next guy" do it but you stepped up and did it AND most importantly with integrity. The atmosphere here is like no where else on the web that I know of. For that I thank you again.

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 08:28:40 AM »
Steve,
    You've put my recent thoughts into very well spoken words........... so please forgive my "band wagon" step here.

What Steve just said Des, and my sincere Thanks as well, this Forum and it's Members truly make my day!

Cheers,
Lance