Author Topic: Roden 1/72 Fokker F.I  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Smith

Roden 1/72 Fokker F.I
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:02:49 PM »
Now that I've joined up here I thought I should probably post what I'm working on at the moment.

I actually started this back in 2014 before I shifted country and it had been forgotten up until a week ago when I decided rather than starting new builds I needed to tackle some of those languishing on the Shelf of Shame. As a result the little Fokker is centre stage on the workbench.

Out of the box so far, only adding some belts on the seat. Paint is Humbrol enamels, 65 for the blue and 155 for the streaking. The streaking was done with a cut off brush. Just need to mount the Spandaus on and some painting round the mounting area and the leather cockpit rim and then I'll be mounting the wings.

Nice little kit. Little being the operative word as it is tiny - I've included a Zippo in the second snap to give a sense of scale.

Oh and yes I belong to that school of thought concerning Herr Voss and his cowling!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Roden 1/72 Fokker F.I
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:59:36 PM »
Nice streaking effect on that little guy , looking forward to seeing her completed  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 10:21:05 PM »
Nice job.  I see you're a yellow cowl man.

Offline Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 05:15:57 AM »
Thanks Terri and Ken. It's a fun little kit. The interior went together without any bother whatsoever. Hoping to get a bit more done over the weekend, probably a bit over half way at this stage so bearing down on the home straight.

And Ken, yes I am a yellow cowl fellow. As well as Alex Imrie's arguments for it, there's a few things from the last scrap which I also think point far more towards the yellow with the Japanese kite face than green with it - but that's probably for another thread!

Cheers and have a lovely weekend everyone.

Tim

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 01:35:36 AM »
Looks fantastic! Love the Yellow cowl  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:22:45 AM »
Thanks RAG!